• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

the Music Never Stopped - new movie

#17572 2 years, 11 months ago
has anyone seen the movie yet ? heads have been discussing it for months .
now that it's out the closest place its showing is cincinnati three hours away !
guess i'll have to wait for the DVD

themusicneverstopped-movie.com/
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: the Music Never Stopped - new movie

#17670 2 years, 11 months ago
I have not seen it but a friend told me if you were going expecting to see a dead related movie you would be disappointed.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#17687 2 years, 11 months ago
Anybody recall the guy outside of the Best Buy shows bugging people in line about this movie, handing out pamphlets about printing tickets at home to go see it?

He kept trying to give me one and I was like "na im all set" then he kept trying to get me to hold it so he could take a picture for some website or something. (of course I didn't
Monkeyfoot
Junior Boarder

#17782 2 years, 11 months ago
I saw it at a special screening in Sacramento - a pretty good movie, not that much GD content, although the climactic scene is a (recreated) MSG Dead show from the mid 80's. They tried to make the concert scene somewhat authentic - the movie Bobby was wearing the purple Polo shirt, movie Jerry had a guitar that looked like Lightning Bolt, etc.
It's a story about a hippie kid that runs away from home and becomes estranged from his family in 1970, then develops a massive tumor that damages his memory. He reconnects with his family after the tumor is removed through music therapy. I don't want to give away too much more plot, but the kid's favorite band is the Dead and his hippie-hating father has to learn about hippie / Deadhead culture in order to help his son.
The movie is "based" on a true story, but I read the story after I saw the flick and the film makers definitely took some artistic license with the story. Example - in the real story, the main character was blind, hairless and obese. The same character in the movie had none of these traits. The movie is based on the story "The Last Hippie" from the book "An Anthropologist On Mars", which is a fantastic book by the way.
DrNutzo
Junior Boarder

#17794 2 years, 11 months ago
I really enjoyed the movie. As someone who has participated in music therapy sessions (in a professional capacity) I can attest to it's therapeutic power.
All good things, in all good time.
Time to create page: 0.86 seconds