• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Peach be with you!

#17571 3 years, 3 months ago
Let's hear it for the OCF!

As that magical time of year approaches, the second weekend in July, please write a valentine.

In 100,000 words or less describe why you love the Oregon Country Fair.

I'll start at the top (for me): Bathing and sauna at the Ritz. George's love offering to us all is a sublime experience, difficult to equal or even explain. From it's humble beginnings (I recollect bathing under a trio of dribbly shower heads while standing on wooden pallets set in the mud) to the beautiful handcrafted wooden bath, shower and sauna structure of today ( which can shower more than 80 hippies at one time, and seats I know not how many in the beautiful sauna structure), it has been a place of joy and deep contentment for me. And nothing says togetherness like a capacity crowd in the small sauna!

The magic in the air as inspired hippies from all over gather to express themselves through art, craft, music, poetry, humor, costume, and creative self expression. All of nature's children gathering with their families to show each other the fruits of their long winter's labor. The joy of being gathered together again in nature's harmony. The soft sound of an accoustic guitar following you as you wander through the candle-lit fairyland of nighttime in the forest.

The beauty of the people expressed in the beauty of their handicrafts. The deliiiiicious fooooood!

Creativity at it's best, expressed in fanciful innnovative costumes.

The love and joy on everyone's faces as they realize they've come home at last.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Peach be with you!

#17792 3 years, 3 months ago
I only need two words: Field Trip.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Peach be with you!

#17987 3 years, 3 months ago

Here's a little taste.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Daisy Mae.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds