My first show of my mini run was NYE(pretty awesome, magical, and chill) and guess that doesn't count since it was technically still winter. So here are my 5 from spring.
1. Fox Theater, Atlanta(4/3/11)- Maybe cus I was lucky enough to be front row and see the whole show from a much different perspective. But the show itself was great, awesome energy all night. My highlights being a lively opening Hell in a Bucket, a heartfelt TLMD, and a Jerry-band-ish feeling Deal. Second set was all about DS>Time>Breathe reprise, then Dear Prudence. Was on another planet!!
2. Best Buy Theater, N.Y.(3/13/11)- Band had good energy mostly all night. Of course started with a somber moment with Phil talking about Bear. Rest of the night, great chemistry between the guys. And Warren for 2nd set was just amazing. Phil riffing with Warren and Bobby. John doing some "Jerry" kicks and arm swings. And of course Bobby doing his best Pig Pen during Caution. Wow.
3. RCMH, N.Y.(3/26/11)- Very cool classic, early Dead feeling 1st set. A nod to Pig Pen. Then the 2nd set with Floyd's Eclipse, from Dark Star? Unreal. The vid behind them with Jerry and Bear, brings me to tears every time. This show was an emotional one for me.
4. Best Buy Theater, N.Y.(3/11/11)- Love the opening with Greatest. Good start with a fast pace. And 2nd set seemed to roll and groove into a cohesive unit till the end of the night.
5. Orpheum, Boston(3/6/11) Really great energy and quick start. Nice because I felt the night before was a bit slow paced with more stop and starts. Fun Maxwell's that was spot on. And a Viola Lee that meandered through the 1st set. Awesome. It just kept coming back!! 2nd set highlights were St. Stephen>Time>Eleven, which the place seemed ready to blow at that point! And ended nicely with a long Sugaree, and GDTRFB.