• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Who still collects vinyl records ?

#17354 3 years, 3 months ago
never like the pops from vinyl,ya got to handle ever so careful,god forid ya leave em out the dust i got to say pass but hey to eacxh his own right? thats why they make 64 color crayons
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
judit
Junior Boarder

#17355 3 years, 3 months ago
I have albums that I've had since the 60's, and many that I've added since, but none newer than maybe 1985 or so. I love albums.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
Chester
More or less in line

#17371 3 years, 3 months ago
I have a stack of old 45's that I always thought would be worth some money. Unfortunately, they're not.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#17393 3 years, 3 months ago
I have the original Sonny and Cher album with "I Got You Babe" on it
also another called "Early Steppenwolf" , a live set from late '66 or early '67 recorded at the Matrix in S. Fran. and a bunch of others that I got from my mom when she didn't want them any more.
added together with my collection it's a big bunch of records !
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#17409 3 years, 3 months ago
my brother collects records/cassettes (and hes 21 years old to) - he has so many laying around, I think he buys/sells/trades them to, my dad also dug some old 8 tracks out of the attic recently (including Atom Heart Mother....)
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#17417 3 years, 3 months ago
Vinyl is very much still alive Within the punk rock scene . Also the major label have repressing certin artist . I own 600 or so slabs of wax
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#17420 3 years, 3 months ago
I have tons of vinyl from years past, and still pick up an album from time to time, usually old bootlegs. Through the years, I often bought two of the same album (especially Dead and related), so now I have about 35-40 unopened Dead/Jerry/Bobby albums. They would probably sell for some nice $$, but I just can't part with them.
If it rolls, sink it.
odea
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoying the ride

#17428 3 years, 3 months ago
Yeah I'm up to about 125. Love it.

Just found Happy Trails by Quicksilver Messenger Service in a consignment shop a few months ago. What a monster of an album!

Another (non GD) favorite is Tres Hombres by ZZTop. Wow.

I'm focusing on expanding my Zappa collection, now.
"Here was blue, here was yellow, here was green, sky and river, woods and mountains, all beautiful, all mysterious and enchanting, and in the midst of it, he, Siddhartha, the awakened one, on the way to himself."
bigjonnyt
Fresh Boarder

#17442 3 years, 3 months ago
vinyl is more than alive, its a throbbing market force... you can find most anything in a new or reissued condition.. right now im listening to the new shins record.... its beautiful. radiohead on vinyl is like nothing you have ever heard...... also try abbey road sometime.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds