• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lynx
Visitor

Greensky tomorrow

#17250 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm gonna post this here bc I posted it in the "Music Talk" folder and it's only gotten 2 views in over 5 hours....

Greensky Bluegrass is playing Burlington, VT tomorrow at Higher Ground. They are fucking great. I suspect there will be a really fun crowd there too! So come on out!

((((((just doing my part to spread the music)))))))

If you can't make it here's a little of what you'll be missing. I recommend you listen to track #3 ("All Four") and track #12 is a little diddy called "China Cat~>Rider"... both are awesome!

www.archive.org/details/gsbg2011-03-25.sdb
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by .
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Greensky tomorrow

#17255 2 years, 11 months ago
I did see it over there. Can't make it, but thanks for posting.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#17261 2 years, 11 months ago
I LOVE these guys, they have it all...great voices, songs and they can pick those strings.

Old Barns is a great song that I'd like to learn how to play. I was sharing something at a show with a gal I had just met who was from their home town in Michigan and happened to be in SF for a day or two on business and she told me the story of this song. The lyrics are word for word from the mouth of a good friend of theirs who was on his deathbed and said these things. Sorry to be so morbid but it gave the song new meaning for me, goosebump city every time.

Have fun Lynx! I'm sure it will be a great night. Last tour they broadcast a show from the Parrot Bar in FLA on the internet and people were calling into the bar to buy the band shots.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Lynx
Visitor

#17270 2 years, 11 months ago
Wow that's an amazing story about "Old Barns" SJF... and I'll be sure to buy a round or two of shots! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by .
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#17285 2 years, 11 months ago
a little too far for me, but greensky does have a cool sound maybe they'll come through here soon

any way Crosby and Nash are playing the Midland Theater in Newark tomorrow, hard to believe their coming to a town that small.
I think I'll drive over and see if I can soak up some vibes
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds