• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: 10th Annual Ishi Gathering and Seminar

#47496 2 years, 8 months ago
In my late mother-in-law's tribe, the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa/Chippewa, a quarter blood would make you eligible for full membership in the tribe. Wonder if it's the same for the Cherokee/Seneca.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#47497 2 years, 8 months ago
do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg
izancarlos
Visitor

#47594 2 years, 8 months ago
Wat happened 2 all the peace and love,ladies and gentlemen,isn't that Wat ur trip is all about.let's hear from sum natives that actually have a CIB .certificate of Indian blood,which ur respective tribe has all on record.soo no CIB means ur tribe does not recognize u being a tribal member,,which means no free health care,yummy gov.commodities food,etc.thanks to all u "American" taxpayers.BTW i can tell u I don't go looking 4 trouble,but wen sum idiots start with breaking laws in OUR country,dope smokers,alcohol abusers,any type of drug abuse ,we step in and keep people in check,remember YouAre on INDIAN LAND!!!!
izancarlos
Visitor

#47601 2 years, 8 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
What the difference between a picnic table and an indian?

A picnic table can support a family.
ahh thanks..mssg being forwarded to A.I'M.American Indian movement,,good luck!
izancarlos
Visitor

#47604 2 years, 8 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
There's no chill in this asshole. He's here just to hate. It will keep going until he gets banned. I heard he is from the tribe navashithead. By the way, my great grandmother was a full blood Cherokee, making my grampa 50% Cherokee who married a 50% Seneca indian (I believe) who had my dad. What does that make me? I got ath hairless chest but plenty on top and the diabetes that many natives have. So fuck you izancarlos.
thanks 4 complimlet me the Navajo nation,their enrollment is well over 200,000 have fun dealing with those crazy bros and sisters,,,mssg being forwarded to prez of navajo nation in window rock,,Joe Shirley...good luck ....gosh I wud hate to get them dam dinehs pissed off @ me..
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#47605 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
In my late mother-in-law's tribe, the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa/Chippewa, a quarter blood would make you eligible for full membership in the tribe. Wonder if it's the same for the Cherokee/Seneca.

It totally is left up to the tribe. My tribe, the Onondaga, their policy is 50% to be recognized and carry a card. The Cherokee in NC require you to be 1/16th and you must proove it by finding your ancestors name on the 1924 Baker Roll of the Eastern Cherokee Indians.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , neverstop66, SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#47607 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm honestly curious izancarlos, why come here to grind your axe? I'm not saying your anger's not valid. This country's treatment of Natives is one of the most shameful chapters in American history. But this is a pretty low key site. About the worst cultural imperialism you'll find here are some of the older heads pulling rank on the younger ones. And even that's kind of frowned upon. Also if you really look at the Dead's history, you'll see that they had some close relatrionships with Natiives. Remember, the great medicine man Rolling Thunder had a major influence on them.

So why waste your time here? Go to a political site; make your point where it might get some results. Or better yet, put your anger into a business plan. Economic imperialism trumps cultural any day. That's what my people did. I'm at least 80% Irish. Like the Natives we had a government that tried to exterminate us on our own land. And when we came here, we were viciously ghettoized. But some of our people made money, and then some more. And finally we bought our way into the mainstream. Because lets face it, that's The American Way.

The power's in your hands, brother. Don't waste it dumping on a bunch of hippies.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , splatter_face, DeadHead420, SunshineSue
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#47610 2 years, 8 months ago
izancarlos wrote:
Wat happened 2 all the peace and love,ladies and gentlemen,isn't that Wat ur trip is all about.let's hear from sum natives that actually have a CIB .certificate of Indian blood,which ur respective tribe has all on record.soo no CIB means ur tribe does not recognize u being a tribal member,,which means no free health care,yummy gov.commodities food,etc.thanks to all u "American" taxpayers.BTW i can tell u I don't go looking 4 trouble,but wen sum idiots start with breaking laws in OUR country,dope smokers,alcohol abusers,any type of drug abuse ,we step in and keep people in check,remember YouAre on INDIAN LAND!!!!

are you really an Indian? Can you get me season tickets? I missed the Yankee series, but I really want to see a game before the season's over? do you know charlie sheen? He was cool in Major League.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66, DeadHead420
izancarlos
Visitor

#47615 2 years, 8 months ago
[quote="Equinox" post=47607]I'm honestly curious izancarlos, why come here to grind your axe? I'm not saying your anger's not valid. This country's treatment of Natives is one of the most shameful chapters in American history. But this is a pretty low key site. About the worst cultural imperialism you'll find here are some of the older heads pulling rank on the younger ones. And even that's kind of frowned upon. Also if you really look at the Dead's history, you'll see that they had some close relatrionships with Natiives. Remember, the great medicine man Rolling Thunder had a major influence on them.

So why waste your time here? Why, I saw what happened to the g.d.scene ,a beautiful thing destroyed by drugs..I really liked seeing the Grateful Dead,remember those shows @ the downs in Santa Fe.in the early 80's,compare that to the fence jumpers and smack junkies @ Irvine meadows,to the tragic death @ the meadowlands.sad cuz sum people I know have said that furtur scene bears an eerie resemblance to the eventual downfall ur scene..I have seen incredible shows ,Jerry band in may of 1990 at the shell at kapiolani park in waikiki. Hampton 88, I think that was the year ,those Chinese new years shows @ the Kaiser.last Greek shows..red rocks...Autzen 4 sure,,Frost shows were always killer..jerry @ concord pavilion..those common terrace shows outside tempe,,Santa Fe shows ,remember that looks like rain? The last 2 yrs at the silver bowl were absolutely awful..did u really like being in that dustbowl lot,,,that scene was embarrassing..u can't relive the past and am afraid sum bad shit is gonna hit with these young drug abusers, thinking its cool ,to get high..on all this garbage...further is laughing all the way 2 the bank,, the glorifying of drugs really hurts me the most..we will be @ red rocks watching Wat goes down...and enforcing our brand of homeland security...keep looking over ur shoulders,we will b watching...
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#47617 2 years, 8 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I'm honestly curious izancarlos, why come here to grind your axe? I'm not saying your anger's not valid. This country's treatment of Natives is one of the most shameful chapters in American history. But this is a pretty low key site. About the worst cultural imperialism you'll find here are some of the older heads pulling rank on the younger ones. And even that's kind of frowned upon. Also if you really look at the Dead's history, you'll see that they had some close relatrionships with Natiives. Remember, the great medicine man Rolling Thunder had a major influence on them.

So why waste your time here? Go to a political site; make your point where it might get some results. Or better yet, put your anger into a business plan. Economic imperialism trumps cultural any day. That's what my people did. I'm at least 80% Irish. Like the Natives we had a government that tried to exterminate us on our own land. And when we came here, we were viciously ghettoized. But some of our people made money, and then some more. And finally we bought our way into the mainstream. Because lets face it, that's The American Way.

The power's in your hands, brother. Don't waste it dumping on a bunch of hippies.

Anger always stems from fear...its the fight of flight response. Most likely he has not accomplished much in his life which is typical of a reservation life. And he's frustrated because of it. He needs someone to blame because he refuses to take responsibility for himself. So sign on line behind the disguise of an avatar and threaten a bunch of Native respecting, peace lovers for some shock value to help himself feel better. Rez life...I wouldn't wish it on anyone, its hell on earth. Because my 100% Onondaga mother married a white man, I was raised in the city.

So, like every human my first response is to get angry right back at him. But I know its not right....so I offer this-

Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of your son Jesus. Brother Jesus you said in your word that whatever I ask The Father in your Name, it would be done.....Holy Spirit I ask that you surround izancarlos with your presence for you are The Great Comforter.
Jesus you said whatever I bind (forbid) on earth You would bind in heaven (spirit) and whatever I loose (allow) on earth you would loose in heaven (spirit)....I BIND THE ANGER IN THE NAME OF JESUS! AND I FORBID IT TO HAVE RULE OVER HIM. I LOOSE OVER IZANCARLOS HEALING FOR HIS SPIRIT AND HEART. I LOOSE THE NAME OF JESUS, THE BLOOD OF JESUS WHICH BREAKS THE CHAINS OF BONDAGE TO ANGER AND HATE....I LOOSE YOUR PEACE WHICH SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING. I DESTROY THE GENERATIONAL CURSE OF PAIN AND POVERTY AND HATE. I LOOSE YOUR LOVE OVER HIM. THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER, FOR YOU WATCH OVER YOUR WORD TO PREFORM IT. I OPEN THE EYES OF HIS HEART, I PULL OFF THE BLINDERS SO HE MAY BE ENLIGHTENEND. FATHER I THANK YOU THAT YOU BANDAGE UP THE BROKEN HEARTED AND YOU HEAL THE WOUNDED SOUL. YOUR WORD SAYS THAT THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE ARE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD BUT AGAINST THE POWERS OF DARKNESS. FATHER I THANK YOU THAT NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME WILL PROSPER AND EVERY TONGUE THAT RISES AGAINST ME WILL BE CAST DOWN.
HELP HIM TO SEE YOU HEAVENLY FATHER, THE GREAT CREATOR, THAT HE MAY RUN INTO YOUR ARMS AND REMEMBER HOW IT FEELS TO BE LOVED AGAIN AND FIND REST, REST FOR HIS WEARY SOUL. FOR YOU SOOO LOVED THE WHOLE WORLD THAT YOU GAVE YOUR ONLY SON SO THAT WHOSOEVER WOULD BE SAVED....FROM PAIN, FROM MISERY, FROM ANGER, FROM CURSES, FROM TROUBLE.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by DancingBear. Reason: SUCK AT SPELLING
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , DeadHead420
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds