• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
odea
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoying the ride

Re: What's your favorite piece of GD music?

#17425 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm pretty nuts about the climaxes in the early versions of The Eleven.

That's the best way I can describe it.
"Here was blue, here was yellow, here was green, sky and river, woods and mountains, all beautiful, all mysterious and enchanting, and in the midst of it, he, Siddhartha, the awakened one, on the way to himself."
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#17426 3 years, 6 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
I love a wild Spanish Jam or A nice Mind Left Body Jam out of a Terrapin.
Playin in the Band has a part in the Jam that's like a Ship sailing out to sea, I always loved a good Playin' Jam as well
If it rolls, sink it.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#17430 3 years, 6 months ago
Lyric from So Many Roads

From the land of the midnight sun

Where the ice blue roses grow

Along the roads of gold and silver snow

Howlin wide and moaning low

So Many Roads I Know

So Many Roads to my Soul

The way Jerry sang this song was chilling to me
GOOD LOVE
aiko420
Junior Boarder

#17445 3 years, 6 months ago
odea wrote:
I'm pretty nuts about the climaxes in the early versions of The Eleven.

That's the best way I can describe it.
2 -28-69, that is an amazing St. Stephen > William Tell > Eleven jammy jam. When I need to get in a better mood, that is what I throw on. Crazy fun.

I was a late bloomer and my first show was in '92 at Deer Creek. I remember being behind the tapers in the lawn when Help>Slip>Franklins started to ring out. When they hit the first note of Franklins Tower, I turned around to look at the lawn and it was like 10,000 people looked at me and said "Where have you been". I had this overwhelming thought of belonging, my bones started to shake and I never looked back! It changed my life. So with that said... a good Help>Slip>Franklins always brings me home!

Try this sometime. When you are in a bad mood, not quite right or just need something to shake the funk out, go into a room, shut the door (lock it), put on your favorite dnacing tune and just get down, boogie, shake your bones to the whole thing. You will come out of the room a new person. It is crazy how good music can move you.
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
WorkingmansEd
Junior Boarder

#17455 3 years, 6 months ago
[quote="aiko420" post=17445]odea wrote:
Try this sometime. When you are in a bad mood, not quite right or just need something to shake the funk out, go into a room, shut the door (lock it), put on your favorite dnacing tune and just get down, boogie, shake your bones to the whole thing. You will come out of the room a new person. It is crazy how good music can move you.

+1. I did this last week about 2/3 of the way through an all-nighter, I was getting really tired physically and really tired of doing schoolwork. getting down to some dead was all I needed to ride it out.
BlueLightRain
Junior Boarder

#17456 3 years, 6 months ago
It's a toss up between Dark Star > Sugar Mag > Caution from 4/8/72, featured on Steppin' Out and Dark Star > That's It For The Other One > Lovelight from 2/13/70, featured on Dick's Picks 4.
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#17462 3 years, 6 months ago
Whatever is most appropriate for the time & played well.
redhead deadhead
Junior Boarder

#17476 3 years, 6 months ago
Love the 'Rise and fall' from Let it Grow.
The end jam on Row Jimmy when Jerry Bobby and Brent do "rounds"(do do do do do...da da da da dah...buh buh buh buh bum)
Love the hot Estimated that is always crankin on the Furthur bus.
Intro and outros on "Wheel"
Music never Stopped and B.E.Women on Dick's 18
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#17493 3 years, 6 months ago
Love a good drum solo before King Solomon's Marbles...when it gets real tribal
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Abba.
pairdoc
Junior Boarder

#17500 3 years, 6 months ago
Clearly a question without a single answer. That being said, I'm always moved by the seemingly endless and blissful journey provided by the complex texture and composition of the various parts of Unbroken Chain (Furthur-style), particularly the ending jam following the final lyrics.
----------------------

PAIRdoc
Philadelphia, PA

"Show me a sane man, and I will cure him for you." -Carl Jung

----------------------
Time to create page: 1.71 seconds