#66715 2 years, 9 months ago
Bump (for Cub)
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: A guide to posting pics, vids, and gifs

#66719 2 years, 9 months ago
A couple of other issues to be aware of:

1) If you're using IE9 you will not see ANY of the insert/format options that are available in the Reply section; it'll just be blank gray screen with headers, and nothing will upload (true for avatars, too), though you can insert basic text posts. IE9 will work better if you use "compatibility mode", you will see the icons then, but some features, like the spell check, still aren't functional with IE9. I strongly recommend using another browser such as Firefox around here.

2) It looks like the original directions in this post for loading a picture seems to require the use of Photobucket or another photo site. But I've always just uploaded images directly from my hard drive without problems; perhaps that's changed since this was first posted. To get a picture in the body of the post, hit "image link" in the Boardcode section, then hit "Add File" in the Attachment section below. You can then browse for your pic, hit "open" and then "insert file", and the correct coding will be there. You won't actually see if it posted correctly until after you hit "submit", however.

Hope this is helpful!

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#77781 2 years, 8 months ago
Bump to go with the picture thread!
SunshineSue wrote:

1) If you're using IE9 you will not see ANY of the insert/format options that are available in the Reply section; it'll just be blank gray screen with headers, and nothing will upload (true for avatars, too), though you can insert basic text posts. IE9 will work better if you use "compatibility mode", you will see the icons then, but some features, like the spell check, still aren't functional with IE9. I strongly recommend using another browser such as Firefox around here.

2) It looks like the original directions in this post for loading a picture seems to require the use of Photobucket or another photo site. But I've always just uploaded images directly from my hard drive without problems; perhaps that's changed since this was first posted. To get a picture in the body of the post, hit "image link" in the Boardcode section, then hit "Add File" in the Attachment section below. You can then browse for your pic, hit "open" and then "insert file", and the correct coding will be there. You won't actually see if it posted correctly until after you hit "submit", however.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#77782 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks! I figured it out. I am an amazing technical genius! :
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#100433 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Bump to go with the picture thread!
SunshineSue wrote:

Time to create page: 0.46 seconds