POSTING PICTURES FROM YOUR HARD DRIVE (the hardest one!)
While it was possible at first to post pictures directly from your computer this feature stopped working. It may or may not have been fixed at this point, but it is easier (and possibly safer) to post pictures you have saved to your hard drive from a third party website such as Photo Bucket. Getting a Photo Bucket account is fast, easy, and free. I got one just for posting pictures on this board. If a dumb ass like me can do it I'm sure you can. So go get one, then do the following:
1. Upload the picture you want to post to Photo Bucket (really easy to do).
2. When viewing your photo gallery, DOUBLE CLICK the desired picture to open it in Photo Bucket (makes it full size)
3. RIGHT CLICK the photo and select "Open Image In New Tab" option
4. Select the new tab with the picture in it (the picture should be the only thing in this new tab)
5. Highlight the URL of the picture starting from the left (with the "http....." all the way through the ".jpeg" mark. DO NOT highlight anything after the ".jpeg"!!!! Right click and copy the part of the URL you have just highlighted.
6. Click the "image link" in this forum. It's the red square with the chain link on it. When you do a field box entitled "URL" appears.
7. Erase the " http:// " already in the box and paste the URL you just highlighted and copied in photo bucket there.
8. Click insert (just to the right of that box). You just posted a picture!
POSTING A PICTURE YOU FOUND ON THE WEB
This is much easier.
1. Find a picture anywhere on the web
2. Right click the picture and select the "Open Image In New Tab" option
3. Open the new tab (again it should be the only thing in the new tab)
4. Highlight the ENTIRE URL of the image and right click/copy it
5. Follow steps 7 and 8 from above
POSTING A VIDEO FROM YOU TUBE
1. Find a video on You Tube that you want to share
2. While the video is playing, highlight, right click, and copy the entire URL of the video (in the same tab)
3. Again follow steps 7 and 8 of the first example only this time you don't select the "Image Link" in this forum... instead you select the "Video" link (what looks like a film strip with a green dot on it)
POSTING A GIF
The process for this is identical to posting an image from the web (including using the "add image" option on this forum. Do not use the "video" option)
I hope you found this post both useful and entertaining.