• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
borges1974
Fresh Boarder

shoreline camping

#16658 3 years, 6 months ago
anyone have any recommendations for camping grounds near shoreline for the weekend of the shows?
any info'd be much appreciated... thanks!
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

Re: shoreline camping

#16721 3 years, 6 months ago
To be honest there's reallly no camping in the area at all. Technically you could drive to Santa Cruz after the shows and camp out Cowells or on the beach, but thats a big hassle all the way around. I highly advise renting a hotel in the area if you don't feel like driving an hour plus after the show. I'm staying at the Ramada in Mountain View, 80 dollars a night, and very close to the venue
The following user(s) said Thank You: borges1974
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#16884 3 years, 6 months ago
if you want to camp at shoreline your gonna have to drive back to s.f. and sleep in golden gate park, which i highly recomend, just pick a bush any bush, bring along fun toys like labtops, i-anythings, espensive camping gear, etc., and make sure you keep lots of cash on hand in case you need the "middle of the night fix".
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#16992 3 years, 6 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
To be honest there's reallly no camping in the area at all. Technically you could drive to Santa Cruz after the shows and camp out Cowells or on the beach, but thats a big hassle all the way around. I highly advise renting a hotel in the area if you don't feel like driving an hour plus after the show. I'm staying at the Ramada in Mountain View, 80 dollars a night, and very close to the venue

there's also Big Basin Redwoods State Park .... camped there for some shoreline shows in the early 90's

more than just a technicality when you're there, it's a different world & one worth the trip if you're able to pull it off ...

I don't remember if it was 45 minutes or 1:15, but it is still a haul & alertness / capability are definitely required ... as the Big Basin route is super windy. Cowell might be less windy, but probably more & faster traffic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: borges1974
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds