scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Daily Dose of Pigpen

#165581 2 years, 1 month ago
ecojaded wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
All we need, all we really need......

This version of Good Lovin was on Sirius XM this AM (or I think it was this version). It BLEW ME AWAY. All I can say is WOW.

This one is for you Furthur Flower. Comin right back at ya...

~Don't Stop., Never Stop

I was actually 5/7/72, if it was the one at a little before 10:00 east this AM. I was also blown away and wrote date on my hand

Thanks Eco!

Yep, it was about 10 am and it blew me away too. I think 5/7/72 was a kinder version. I prefer the NY rap over she's as big as the brooklyn bridge.
And PS, that is my biggest peeve with Sirius/XM. If you listen in the car or on their player it does not tell you what show it was from. According to David Gans it is a sortware problem, they are unable to produce a signal that can be read over every Sirius/XM reader. BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#165590 2 years, 1 month ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Gordon the Drummer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , FurthurFlower67
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#165786 2 years, 1 month ago
Did anyone hear Pigpen do Lovelight this AM about 9:15 (eastern time)? Can anyone tell me where this version of Lovelight was from?

During the take your hands out of your pocket rap Pig asked a guy named Chris to pick a gal to make it with. Then PigPen was rapping "Chris just made it with Marsha" I THINK It followed an uncle johns band. And I am pretty sure it was Bobby singing in with Pig at the end. It was a long, kind version.

Boy do I wish my radio showed where these songs are from. ECO.... or anyone???

And I did try, but I couldn't find this on using old faithful -- Google..

Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#165794 2 years, 1 month ago
pigpen.png

A new feature film about the life of Grateful Dead founding member Ron “Pigpen” McKernan, "Pigpen…a blues singer," is in the works. Producers Terry Allen Fraser and Diana Raquel Sainz are embarking on a feature film about the music and life of Ron “Pigpen” McKernan. This biopic about the American blues legend and co-founder of the Grateful Dead follows the life Pigpen from his start as a young blues musician to his time as the Grateful Dead’s front man and is sure to delight blues fans and deadheads alike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#166534 2 years, 1 month ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Did anyone hear Pigpen do Lovelight this AM about 9:15 (eastern time)? Can anyone tell me where this version of Lovelight was from?

During the take your hands out of your pocket rap Pig asked a guy named Chris to pick a gal to make it with. Then PigPen was rapping "Chris just made it with Marsha" I THINK It followed an uncle johns band. And I am pretty sure it was Bobby singing in with Pig at the end. It was a long, kind version.

I do believe its from the April 27th, 1971 show at the Fillmore. I have a copy of the same version of the Ladies and Gentleman release....

pigpen_2012-06-25.jpg
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#166560 2 years, 1 month ago
Thanks Em, GREAT PICTURE!!!

Here's one with Pig sharing the stage with Janice (audio only). Great stuff.

FurthurFlower67 wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:

I do believe its from the April 27th, 1971 show at the Fillmore. I have a copy of the same version of the Ladies and Gentleman release....

pigpen_2012-06-25.jpg

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#166701 2 years, 1 month ago
This song takes my breath away. This version is from Europe '72

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kevin, FurthurFlower67
Chester
More or less in line

#166728 2 years, 1 month ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:

pigpen_2012-06-25.jpg

I've heard that version. Very cool stuff.

And that picture is so cool. Thanks FF.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#166745 2 years, 1 month ago
Yep that is mt favorite Lovelight, Pig does the " If yo momma wants to complain, tell her to write to her congressman!" Great stuff, after the rap, the buildup is amazing, just one or two notes and the first Some o yo love. And then it gets crazy from there.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#166765 2 years, 1 month ago
Next chance you have a half an hour to spare watch this one! I just stumbled upon it looking for something else and I was transported back to that time! Now all I can do is smile smile smile! It's a good one!

Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds