• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: IS SILK ROAD A SCAM???

#158547 2 years, 4 months ago
Chester wrote:

I just tried to click on the link. It doesn't take you to automatically to the page I'm trying to post a link to.
You have to copy and paste that in your browser, and it will take you to the right page.
(You need to get the word, "marketplace", in parenthesis in too.)
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Chester.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#158606 2 years, 4 months ago
sketchy...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Carl
Junior Boarder

#158614 2 years, 4 months ago
I have never heard of this until now and find it very interesting! The concept seems simple enough. After reading a few other related articles, I saw that the bitcoins that they use to make purchases fluctuate in value??? What a trip capitalism is!!! I would love to try and really would have no fear of being singled out among the tens of thousands of buyers...but it sounds like you need to be pretty computer saavy to set this shit up...Every thing I read also makes it very clear to not buy shit from anybody that does not have a lot of positive feedback already...crazy shit. I gotta find out more...
volare
Senior Boarder

#158649 2 years, 4 months ago
it is actually pretty simple to connect to the site via Tor.

they make a browser with the tor capability already built-in.

www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

it takes a few minutes to connect to the network but it works like a charm.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Chester
More or less in line

#158655 2 years, 4 months ago
Excerpts from the Wikipedia page;

"Silk Road is an online marketplace that its operators run as a Tor hidden service. Visitors must use Tor to access the marketplace. The majority of products that sellers list on Silk Road qualify as contraband in most jurisdictions. NPR has referred to the site as the "Amazon.com of illegal drugs".

"Buyers and sellers conduct all transactions with bitcoins, a crypto-currency that allows for strong anonymity. Although the bitcoin's exchange rate may fluctuate greatly in short periods of time, all the prices on Silk Road are bound to United States dollar to prevent too drastic inflation or deflation. Buyers can register on Silk Road for free, but sellers must purchase new accounts through auctions to mitigate the possibility of malicious individuals distributing tainted goods. The website launched in February 2011 with development having begun three months prior. Sellers mostly operate out of the US and Britain and offer products such as heroin, LSD, cannabis, and some weapons. However, the site's operators prohibit goods or services intended to harm others. An administrator claims "over 99% of all transactions conducted within the escrow system are completed to the satisfaction of both buyer and seller, or a mutually agreed upon resolution is found."

"In reaction to a Gawker article on the marketplace, US Senators Charles Schumer and Joe Manchin sent a letter to US Attorney General Eric Holder and DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart insisting that the agency shut down the marketplace.

In a press conference Schumer described Silk Road as follows:
"It's a certifiable one-stop shop for illegal drugs that represents the most brazen attempt to peddle drugs online that we have ever seen. It's more brazen than anything else by lightyears."

Subsequently, Silk Road's administrators posted on the Silk Road forums the following statement:
"The die have been cast and now we will see how they land [sic]. We will be diverting even more effort into countering their attacks and making the site as resilient as possible, which means we may not be as responsive to messages for a while.
I'm sure this news will scare some off, but should we win the fight, a new era will be born. Even if we lose, the genie is out of the bottle and they are fighting a losing War already."

After this attention, traffic to the website increased dramatically and the bitcoin saw a corresponding rise in value.
Chester
More or less in line

#158657 2 years, 4 months ago
Chester wrote:
"Sellers mostly operate out of the US and Britain and offer products such as heroin, LSD, cannabis, and some weapons. However, the site's operators prohibit goods or services intended to harm others."

This statement seems to directly contradict itself. I wonder about the mentality of the people running this.
But, I'll admit, it seems like it's inevitable that someone would do this. And, it's just a high tech extension of
something that has existed for thousands of years.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#158662 2 years, 4 months ago
its a brave new world.
i have never heard of this site, and since im not too computer savvy(i still cant fig.out how to change my profile pic) i wont bother looking around. but i think its aswsome i hope it thrives. i bet the dope is xpensive.
jerryhickman
Junior Boarder

#158677 2 years, 4 months ago
Yeah let me know how it works out...
Hoffa
Fresh Boarder

#217456 1 year, 10 months ago
I tried to order 30 roxicodone 30mg from Sr and got totally ripped off! The guy even emailed me several times to rub it in my face that he ripped me off! Stay away from quickrx. It says he's the most trusted vendor on silk road. If that's true then the whole website is a scam! His email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . He will rip you off!
Hoffa
Fresh Boarder

#217457 1 year, 10 months ago
Got ripped off for $490 don't order from quickrx! Email address is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds