• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
leshweirD
Junior Boarder

How about NO REPEATS for the 2-week summer run

#154 3 years, 1 month ago
Furthur has enough material already, no?
I LOVE this band, but could do with less repeats during a tour, especially if ya plan on hitting more than one run of the tour.
Just sayin'...

BTW, I am liking them doing a Beatles tune each show, that is a nice addition, thank you Jill.

And I really liked when they did the whole albums at Furthur Festival too.

I hope this continues for YEARS to come! (insert dancing emoticon here)
rikmcnik
Junior Boarder

Re: How about NO REPEATS for the 2-week summer run

#340 3 years, 1 month ago
I got to agree..I love what the band is doing...but went to 4 shows last summer...I saw Help>Slip>Franklins 3 times, and Slipknot 4 times
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#828 3 years, 1 month ago
They have enough material, sure, but I'm psyched with whatever they play. Loving that there is no possible way to predict these setlists. Supplication and Elevator last night?!!!??!!!

So cool.

Thank you!
friki
Fresh Boarder

#836 3 years, 1 month ago
I'm hoping for five shows without a repeat at the tower.
toad
Junior Boarder

#845 3 years, 1 month ago
Wish they would come to Austin, cough, hint, cough.
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
charliechanman
Junior Boarder

#869 3 years, 1 month ago
Considering the calalog from which Furthur draws, they could play an entire tour of shows with very few repeats. However, if they encore Box of Rain, for example the first night of the tour, I would be highly shocked and disappointed to not hear another one the remainder of the tour. They are definitely much more creative at mixing songs throughout the setlists and moving songs between sets. They are far less predictable than the Grateful Dead formula in that aspect. For a short run, such as the 14 day summer tour or a run such as Best Buy, RCMH or the Tower Theater, any repeat would be almost anticlimactic because of the range of material that was passed over in order to play something again...
SAY YOUR PEACE AND GET OUT
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds