• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

Music Church File Federal Complaint Over Drug Raid

#15376 2 years, 12 months ago
www.wtae.com/news/27638825/detail.html

For those in the Pittsburgh area, this is partcularing interesting. I wonder if the Church actually has a legal leg to stand on. They did win their previous case, but not sure if that was on a federal level or not.....

------------------------------------------

Music Church Files Federal Complaint Over Drug Raid
Fayette County Reviewing Amended Civil Rights Complaint

POSTED: 1:05 pm EDT April 22, 2011

UNIONTOWN, Pa. -- A self-described church whose services consisted largely of jam band concerts says an officer shoved a gun into one man's face and lifted a 14-year-old girl's shirt and bra during an August 2009 raid on its southwestern Pennsylvania grounds.

Those allegations and more come in an amended federal civil rights complaint filed Thursday by the Church of Universal Love and Music against Fayette County.

The complaint also claims police pulled down a woman's shirt and skirt in front of a group of men and didn't identify themselves as officers before forcing concert attendees to the ground. Twenty-two people were arrested.

The county and church founder had settled a long-running zoning dispute a few months before the raid.
Fayette County's attorney tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review the new complaint is being reviewed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, Terrapin Sedation
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: Music Church File Federal Complaint Over Drug Raid

#15386 2 years, 12 months ago
I hope they win.
Cases like this disgust me, the Feds pull these raids to make it look like their being "tough on drugs" but it's all bullshit !
Let's see these scumbags level charges against a corporate owned Arena for providing a place for crack to be smoked during a gangsta rap show ! They don't have the balls for that ! They go after the passive, peaceful, non threatening folks, then walk away patting each other on the back for their "accomplishment"
the people running this drug war are evil, desperate, corporate whores who will stop at nothing

sorry, rant over.
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by the highway terror.
deadforlife
Junior Boarder

#15388 2 years, 12 months ago
GO WILLY!!!
living the dream
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#15395 2 years, 12 months ago
If this was prohibitioon, the busties would have been shooting at the cops, but as it is, they watch and go dude, that was like so rude! Not exactly threatening violent crime now is it? So who got hurt the perps for doing exactly ----- what?

Land of the free?

"For all men the right to be secure in their person, possessions and papers."

Apparently that doesn't apply to zig zags.
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#15409 2 years, 12 months ago
LAND OF THE FREE.....to who every has the largest gun
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15414 2 years, 12 months ago
hate to break it to ya but drugs are illegal . you need to change the laws .your breaking the law like it or not.not supporting it just stating fact
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#15425 2 years, 12 months ago
breaking the law or not , there are lots of lawbreakers that don't even get looked over by the cops
it's not so much the fact that people are being arrested that bothers me, it's the double standard.
I mean wouldn't it be great if we all had to live by the same rules ?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#15427 2 years, 12 months ago
I don't really like all the "Rules"
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#15430 2 years, 12 months ago
I get it being 'illegal' and all, but aren't there worst crimes in the world than being a hippie and enjoy a semi-religious expierence, while getting the opporutnity to listen to grate tunage? Not like these jam bands shows was ALL the church did. They had services every week, show or no show. The issue here, I think, is WHY were the cops there? The answer probably being they're were mad at Willy for iwnning the dispute over the church's zoning. I think it was retribution, and a heavy handed more forceful, direct way to shut the church down moreso than to really arrest anyone. You should ahve seen the newspaper articles when the raid happened. It was totally bullshit. The cops got a couple people that were selling pot, shrooms and pipes and acted like the whole entire crowd had this gigantic amount of drugs. I think of the 500 or so searched, only 22 were arrested, with 3 on serious charges.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#15431 2 years, 12 months ago
that sounds typical of how the cops operate, just giving the illusion that their actually doing something when in reality , their being bribed by gangsters and muzzled by crooked politicians
they protect the status quo at all costs
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds