• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mrubin
Fresh Boarder

Re: How far have you traveled to see the band

#15535 3 years ago
New Jersey to Okland New years 1980 funny thing we were staying in the motel across from the shows and it seemed most of the folks who were there were from the east coast!

other than that mostly north east (DC to Boston)
akgroove
Fresh Boarder

#15536 3 years ago
My wife and I got married in South Carolina in Dec 2010. We went to Costa Rica and then flew in to San Fran for 2 nights of Furthur for NYE. It was a great way to end all the festivities! We plan on driving to a few shows this July that are in the SE.
Picture1257.jpg
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

#15546 3 years ago
I live in Philly and have traveled a great deal to see the boys. My most recent adventure was a road trip to Red Rocks which was an amazing experience for the most part.
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#15550 3 years ago
I will be traveling 6450 miles from Brazil to see these upcoming Shoreline shows.

Before that I think my record was driving from Yellowstone National Park for the Berkeley Community Theater acoustic show in 1994, with no confirmation that the GD would actually be there (only rumor) and with no tickets (we got them on arrival). It was crazy, that was before the internet when we were all depending on the GDhotline and the phone number on our refrigerators. We seriously had nothing to go on but word of mouth and a vague "Phil Lesh and Friends at the BCT on... is sold out" message in the "Bandmember" section of the hotline. But went for it, and it was totally worth it! )

Magical times. I'm so glad I did not miss that show! I remember walking in there and being amazed that the band was going to play in such a small place. I felt sure that the roof would blow off.
BigBoyPete
Fresh Boarder

#15552 3 years ago
My friends and I drove to Manchester, TN twice (03' and 04') from VT. I also flew out to S.F. for the closing of the Warfield with Phil in 08'. That was my first time flying and it was such a great trip. So worth it!
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#15554 3 years ago
NJ to Alaska and back....travelled coast to coast many times....
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#15576 3 years ago
Too far. Now Furthur, come see me. I'm tired.
Josh
Junior Boarder

#15680 3 years ago
When I lived in NYC I traveled as far as Toronto to see the GD. That was my longest journey.
Monkeyfoot
Junior Boarder

#15688 3 years ago
From Northern Cali, I've gone to Portland, Oregon, Las Vegas, and Southern Cal (Irvine).
bdog
Junior Boarder

#15752 3 years ago
Furthest show from home about 1375 miles at the Gorge, from south of PHX. But was on tour that entire leg of 96 Furthur from Denver thru the end in Phx. 10 cities in 18 days fuck that was fun!!!!
www.kimocklist.net DJA 3/21/42-3/19/11
amazish
Junior Boarder

#15764 3 years ago
Wow. Kurdistan? Really? Amazing.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#15807 2 years, 12 months ago
I flew from Syracuse to Las Vegas for my only birthday show in 1993.Not too many shows around my area in May during the late 80's and 90's
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds