• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

How far have you traveled to see the band

#15328 3 years, 6 months ago
Whether it was GD or any incarnation. How far have you traveled specifically to see them.

I'm from PA and saw the GD in Colorado and Arizona. Once I flew, and once I drove.

Second place was Alpine wisconsin.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: How far have you traveled to see the band

#15332 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm from Ohio and have driven to see shows in W. Virginia, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania and New York
as well as all over Ohio
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by the highway terror.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#15334 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm curious how many west coaster came east. My expectation is mostly east traveled west.
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#15337 3 years, 6 months ago
All the way, I hit somewhere near 70%-80% of all GD and JGB shows from '87-'94, coast to coast, Seattle to Florida, Maine to San Diego and all stops in between, sure do miss them crazy days...in more recent times I've driven California to Colorado a few times for Phil & Friends and have flown cross country for the David Nelson Band...
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#15340 3 years, 6 months ago
the farthest for me will be this summer, about 3 hours to Saratoga (I'm from CT) but I've travelled over 2 hours on several ocasions.

I know thats not much compared to most of you, Every show I've seen I have gone and come back the same night though - including all 8 shows in NYC this spring.

I got a 87' Toyota 4Runner so I'm a little iffy about going cross country with it, allthough I am very much considering Red Rocks next time it happens. That would suck to break down far out though as I'm not an mechanic, but I could be prepared for some simple fixes. The motor and Tranny are both rebuilt so I really shouldn't be to worried, though I do seem to run into a problem I can't fix every so often.

Also I'll definitly be flying out to Terrapin Landing when that all unfolds....
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#15342 3 years, 6 months ago
Canyon wrote:
All the way, I hit somewhere near 70%-80% of all GD and JGB shows from '87-'94, coast to coast, Seattle to Florida, Maine to San Diego and all stops in between, sure do miss them crazy days...in more recent times I've driven California to Colorado a few times for Phil & Friends and have flown cross country for the David Nelson Band...

That makes you a Deadhead with a capital D.

How did you make your mullah?
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#15344 3 years, 6 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Canyon wrote:

That makes you a Deadhead with a capital D.

How did you make your mullah?

Maybe I shouldn't have asked that mullah question.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#15345 3 years, 6 months ago
Drove 2300 miles to red rocks last fall. Made an awesome road trip out of it with the Wifey. Would do it again.
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#15346 3 years, 6 months ago
when I first started (87-90) I usually had enough money with me, I didn't spend much time on the lot, I was playing a lot of high-stakes pool at that time and would usually win some money gambling in between shows but always had a nice bankroll. Starting in spring '90 I really spent more time on the lot, swinging whatever, beer was always my favorite. but that was really just for day to day money.
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#15348 3 years, 6 months ago
Canyon wrote:
when I first started (87-90) I usually had enough money with me, I didn't spend much time on the lot, I was playing a lot of high-stakes pool at that time and would usually win some money gambling in between shows but always had a nice bankroll. Starting in spring '90 I really spent more time on the lot, swinging whatever, beer was always my favorite. but that was really just for day to day money.

I think I'd read your book, if there were some cool photos....At least see the movie.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds