• Topics not covered in other forums.
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

phils ramble playing an album on 5/10 any guesses

#152367 2 years, 5 months ago
corrected as below, thanks
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by gr8ful bruin.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: phils q are playing an album on 5/10 any guesses

#152374 2 years, 5 months ago
the 5/10 show is not with the Q, it's with Chris Robinson, Tim and Nicki Bluhm. most everyone on the forum knows about Chris, but if you don't know about Tim and Nicki you have to check them out. OMFG... these shows are going to be a vocal extravaganza. Chris, Tim and Nicki have the voices of angels and these shows wlll be amazing. Perhaps not the jamfest that we'll get from the Q... but they will be excellent in a much different way.

as for the album they will do, i have no idea. my guess is that it will be either a Merle Haggard album or a Band album. Phil is a huge fan of cointry music and Tim absoluty worships Merle (as do i). however, in the wake of Levon's passing my money is on a Band album.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#152403 2 years, 5 months ago
If Chris Robinson's on vocals, it could be a Stones album. That would be a nice fit for his style and I remember Phil writing in Searching For The Sound that the Stones were an early influence on the Dead.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#152413 2 years, 5 months ago
Taper and Equinox., those were exactly my thoughts.

The special album concert was announced before Levon died, so who knows. American Beauty or Working Mans Dead would also be fitting.

No matter which, I would think this would be a prime show for a webcast.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#152447 2 years, 5 months ago
I just stopped by Terrapin Crossroads 2 days ago and the Q was there rehearsing, heard a sweet China Rider! I hope they play Music From Big Pink though.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds