• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: tour advice/opinion wanted

#152319 2 years, 4 months ago
how many does edgefield hold? it cant be sold out already unless its tiny.
you really think ALL the tickets to 3 concerts in sept. are already sold out.
i went to NYE without tickets, got in each night, never paying over face.
i have went to see the dead in 95 got in without payin over face.
there are always people with xtras.
there is this whole internet parnaoria/compulsive thing thats like "oh my god am i goin get tickets, did you get tickets, oh god is it sold out, god i gotta git tickets etc." this is how scalper sits make money.
never ever dont go cause you aint got a ticket, if you have money for a ticket.
i could have found a ticket to every night of the beacon run for face outside the venue.
im not that kewl, or lucky either. anyone can. you just have to have faith(like goerge micheals)
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#152324 2 years, 4 months ago
Regarding: September weather in the Northwest is usually the best.
Except the Furthur shows in Sept 2010 - DOWNPOUR!!!

Edgefield holds 5000. I am sure there will be extras floating around when it gets closer. Like you said, many people do the buy now and then decide later approach.

But now you have to add P&F in Telluride onto your tour too!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#152353 2 years, 4 months ago
i just went and started looking for stuff to do like NOW, not in sept. and i found some shows that really make me happy to live where i live.
ok, first off, mark karan is still doin the wens. night live at sweetwater and i am goin to catch that next month, plus HOT TUNA is doin a 2 night run at sweetwater 7-31,31 and New Riders are playing Sweetwater 8-8
THANK YOU BOBBY! damn thems some fine shows so close to home, and i spend more on gas than on tickets, thanks bob, we all aint rich.
oh, then found the mt. baker fest in WA 8-4,5 with Hot Tuna headlining, and i have friend that lives like 10 minutes from tthere.
then, i remembered about the trinity tribal stomp, so i checked and this years lineup is supa dupa sick, both sat. and sun. have great bands, but sun. is Moonalice, dave nelson band, then Mark karan leading up a Mark and friends stlye lineup sure to include members of moonalice and DNB.
then i realized that DNB is playing in arcata on the 21st, so ill probably see them in arcata then go to the tribabl stomp for sun. only. I LOVE DNB.
i pray to the lord above that Dave comes back navaro, his birfday show last year was awsome, and right after shoreline.
now i gotta fig. out how to afford ALL THIS, AND furthur in sept.
i feel really fortunate to have such good music in the neighborhood.
i used to live in the midwest, and you would wait all year for one or two good shows to come within 500 miles.
now furthur dosnt even play deercreak anymore, which would be a bummer for me if ii lived there still.

you seem to know what your talking about when it comes to edgefield deva, do you think they are goin be like really harsh on the lot scene. i dont plan to vend, but damn who dosnt want a few beers/ or soda or water or whatever before goin in.
you think its all bark?
at pine knob in detroit in 04 they let us alll set up shakedown, then made us all take it down. no shit. cops stood there while everyone set up their shit, started cooking etc. then shut em down. wasted so much food, wouldnt even let people give the food they had cooked away to keep from wasting it.
i would like to avoid scenes like that. but i also dont want to miss an awsome 3 day show, just cause they put out a statement that is just ment to keep away the shit heads. guese ill have to wait and see.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#152398 2 years, 4 months ago
Denver Man, Looking forward to seeing yous guys again! We'll be at those shows...it's gonna be a good fall! Anyone for a Boulder/ Ned side trip?

Side note: a bunch of us peaceniks walked from Boulder to Rocky Flats Nuclear bomb plant in like '89 and encircled the place by holding hands... It was shut down within a year after...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Bilbo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#152400 2 years, 4 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
you seem to know what your talking about when it comes to edgefield deva, do you think they are goin be like really harsh on the lot scene. i dont plan to vend, but damn who dosnt want a few beers/ or soda or water or whatever before goin in. you think its all bark?

Nope - I think there will not be a Shakedown on the premises - maybe on or down the road but doubtful. And I am sure they will crack down on beer selling as that is what Edgefield is all about and they are in it to make a profit. Remember, it is not just a music venue but more of a campus with multiple pubs, wine cellar, distillery and lots of places to eat on site. Get yourself one of their glasses or plastic cups they use and pour in your own - they'd never know different. Their beers/drinks are decent and not overly-priced like a typical concert venue. I think they don't have Happy Hour prices on concert days though.

Personally, I would rather hang out on their pretty tree-covered grounds and look at the cool artwork than in a parking lot scene anyhow. But that's me.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I have so much music other than Furthur coming up that it will be melting out of my ears & eyeballs. Love it!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#152558 2 years, 4 months ago
right on, thanks for the desciption, for someone who has never been, it helps me envision what the concert might be like.
i was thinkin, if they have RV parking down the road, i bet thats where shakedown is goin be.
but i didnt realize it was more than a venue, with multible pubs, and eateries.
kinda diff. concert experience, i might go fri. just to get a feel for the place, then decide on the rrest.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds