Re: tour advice/opinion wanted

#151871 2 years, 5 months ago
hit the shows that come first in the schedule and see if you catch the tour bug
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Carl
Junior Boarder

#151902 2 years, 5 months ago
if money is tight then the California leg for sure. cost wise that is an easy call for me. especially with the car situation you described. all of the venues they are playing in socal this year (with the exception of the curfew in la and sb) are fine but nothing spectacular, so dont come to Santa Barbara thinking its gonna compare to red rocks
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#151941 2 years, 5 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
I really like Chester's response but have you tried asking the Magic 8-Ball?

agreed, Chester nailed it.

for me this wold be a super easy decision. without question i'd do RR, Seattle and Edgefield, but you should do whatever is best for you. any way you slice it i don't think you can go wrong.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#151998 2 years, 5 months ago
i have seen enough shows to know that that special blow your mind show could come at anytime/venue so im not really factoring in the bands performance into my opinion. while, a venue like redrocks probably does inspire the band as well as the audience, its not like that is for sure the best shows, or even in the top, of the tour.
i have never been to red rocks, and that venue, is a goal of mine to see so thats a factor,
? for those who went to red rocks last year- ok, so when does the lots open, and how fast do they make you get out after?

i really want to see all you guys at red rocks, as it seems to be THE 3F spot this year.
so thats a factor too.
but the whole special rules for edgefield puts a burr in my sadle about that place. i dont have an RV, or plan to throw up a pop up and start sellin veggie burritos, but it just feels like the venue is picking on US. like duh, we know we have to abide by state and local laws. im just afraid the with an anouncement like that the venue securiety is goin have a hard on to bush hippies, and i actually enjoy the lot scene as long as its not outa hand, which i havent seen at furthur shows, but i heard calveris got bad, but i wasnt there.
so i could do RR, then skip to shoreline, then pick up with diego, LA, santa barbra, and onward.
OK, so if i do that ill probably end up doin all the shows, cause i got friends in WA, and i know how good people are at talking me into "fallin out for awhile"
im a man of simple comforts, and while money is not really an issue deciding which shows, i am not loaded, or i would just do em all. thanks all for the advice. \
so can anyone tell me what the weather is goin be like in OR during Sept. ane which shows are goin be the best?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#152028 2 years, 5 months ago
if you want to catch the best shows musically hit the socal run, they get better during tours, i t's a fact.

just do them all, like you were hinting above..."take a vacation, fall out for a while, summers comin' in and it's goin' outta style"
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#152093 2 years, 5 months ago
If you are seeking to avoid freakie cops bustin heads- skip shoreline- they were all over bogin' the high.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#152104 2 years, 5 months ago
When I was there in 2010 they were real strict on vending in the lot but you can still tailgate and party.
The voices tell me what to say
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#152116 2 years, 5 months ago
I know a lot of folks are against Edgefield for the rules thing but except for the vending rules, these have always been stated for concerts there - not just for Furthur http://www.edgefieldconcerts.com/index.php?page=rules

I've been to many concerts at Edgefield and it is a way kind venue in a beautiful setting. The shows start early there since they have a noise curfew but that leaves lot of time to party on the grounds of the place afterward. As for weather at the end of Sept -- that is anyone's guess, it is the Pacific Northwest after all.

So the whole fall tour enchilada for illuminaughty it is then!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#152136 2 years, 5 months ago
Start out by coming on out to RR you can't go wrong, you won't go wrong with that decision. No curfew, no getting thrown out for ***GASP*** smoking pot, no ***SPECIAL*** rules, nothing ridiculous like that. RR knows how to throw a party like no other. No offense to all the other venues BTW. (Hey I agree about Shoreline, I just do not understand why it became such a Nazi venue, I'm still going there but still, I don't understand what happened). Then everything after RR that you hit will be icing on the cake.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
voxofrain
Junior Boarder

#152144 2 years, 5 months ago
September weather in the Northwest is usually the best. I bought a motorcycle in college and rode it in the sun every day in September (lived in Spokane). That was over 25 years ago but I always encourage friends to visit in August or September.

I am looking forward to a good scene at Edgefield like it usually is. Just everyone be cool and show up early so you have plenty of time to navigate traffic and park and relax. By this point the Edgefield shows are basically sold out so unless you have tickets or friends who can hook you up you either have to pay $$$ or wait for next time which is never guaranteed.

My advice, get a ticket for every show and be a shooting star. I'd rather look up and see you blaze across the dark sky than have you sputter out all alone.

And I really hope to see a China Doll. That and Stella. And a whole lot of other tunes but I should be covered Thu, Fri, and Sat.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds