• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

redrocks advice/opinion wanted

#151749 2 years, 5 months ago
i just realized that the LA and santa barbra shows are at the same time as Hardly strictly bluegrass, my fav. fest. ever, so i will be goin to red rocks, and shoreline and san deigo for sure, probably get talked n 2 seatle and edgefield too. but def. goin be at red rocks, and shoreline.
if they kick major ass at red rocks, ill probably do all the shows to shoreline, and at shoreline, ill decide if i need one more show, and go to diego, or if i feel the need to mend my bones, and wait for hardly strictly.
anyway, looks like im goin to red rocks for the first time, and i hear it has gotten kinda tight on the lot scenes as of late...
anyone whho went to red rocks last year, was the lot stress free, or was there alot of drama?
also if anyone is travelin from CA to red rocks, and would like a gas rider, email me.
thnx, and may the force beam you up.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by illuminaughty.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: tour advice/opinion wanted

#151750 2 years, 5 months ago
Hard to say. The young crazy, "you never know when the last show will be", tour-pro would say, do all the shows. Make it work.
The more sentimental side says, you should go to Red Rocks, because that's going to be the largest gathering of FFF that tour.
But the philosophical side says, take the path of least resistance.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#151761 2 years, 5 months ago
I really like Chester's response but have you tried asking the Magic 8-Ball?

Seriously, it is such a personal decision with pluses and minuses no matter how you do it.
If weather is a draw - it was gorgeous in Denver & Boulder and at Red Rocks for last years shows and the aspens were turning color.
If you've never been to Colorado at all and have an extra day or two to spend there poking around, I'd go for Colorado. But then again I grew up in Southern California and don't find visiting LA all that compelling as a travel destination,despite the reliable weather. Santa Barbara should be beautiful (for a cheap hotel near the venue, try the Days Inn).
Oregon can be wondrously magical but that last weekend in September - you never know what you might get weather-wise.

All that said, I am planning to go to all of the long weekend shows - Red Rocks, Portland and then LA+Santa Barbara.
Hope to catch ya at one!
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by amusingdeva.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#151763 2 years, 5 months ago
My completely and utterly self-serving response is that you should go to Red Rocks, because that's the only one of those I'm going to and I'd like to meet you!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#151767 2 years, 5 months ago
I'm still going back and forth on which route I want to take.

I am biased and all but in addition to all the greatness of RR, it's also shaping up to be the grandest FFF gathering of them all.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva
volare
Senior Boarder

#151800 2 years, 5 months ago
this is totally coming from a perspective of self-interest, but i say choose the SoCal run.....cause I can't make it to RR and I want to see more FFF friends at the shows I am going to be attending
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#151818 2 years, 5 months ago
volare wrote:
this is totally coming from a perspective of self-interest, but i say choose the SoCal run.....cause I can't make it to RR and I want to see more FFF friends at the shows I am going to be attending

Sweet !! I'll be at one SoCal ... Shoreline > SD > Vegas...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#151840 2 years, 5 months ago
Oregon Love is the best Love! Red Rocks is sweet!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#151846 2 years, 5 months ago
It would be cool to see Red Rocks. But otherwise it's almost six of one, half a dozen of the other. Because you never really know when that X factor is going to appear. Who knows? That defining show of the tour could happen literally anywhere.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
On The Bus Offspring
Junior Boarder
Since 1969!

#151864 2 years, 5 months ago
I am only doing The Edgefield shows due to time and money, but if I had the time I would do all the multiple shows:

Red Rocks >
Edgefield >
Greek >
and the Santa Barbara show thrown in for luck.

That way you would have time to find rides between shows.
Whatever you decide have a blast!
Without music life would be an error. - Friedrich Nietzche
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds