• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Is Furthur going to go Furthur?

#4436 3 years, 6 months ago
I don't see how Phil and Bobby could walk away from this. In only a year Furthur has gone from playing theaters and college campuses to two nights at MSG. Doesn't happen very often in the music biz.

And, of course, at this point the music is just SO hot. A few more years of this and Furthur will have a fine reputation totally independent of the Dead.

And second acts aren't that easy to come by, either.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#4443 3 years, 6 months ago
I know what you are saying but it was not full last night,and they are selling day of show tickets for $40.That being said I do feel the vibes between them building,they aren't going anywhere.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#4445 3 years, 6 months ago
I hope so! and im sure they are, this is a beautiful thing going on and me being a younger head is so grateful for this. They keep getting tighter and tighter everytime they play together.Iim sure they wont be going anywhere. Bobby will probably do those live broadcasts eventually with ratdog in his studio but im sure furthur will keep going FURTHUR as well
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#4452 3 years, 6 months ago
Gr8fulauditors wrote:
I know what you are saying but it was not full last night,and they are selling day of show tickets for $40.That being said I do feel the vibes between them building,they aren't going anywhere.

Very true about the tickets but it was still a pretty big crowd for a weeknight at a venue where they're playing five dates (not to mention nearly 10 more in nearby NYC). Not too many acts could pull that off, particularly in this economy.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#4459 3 years, 6 months ago
i do not foresee this ending anytime soon, there is magic all over the scene both in the music and in the community..also heard some rumors for some INTERESTING summer ventures!! we'll sit back an await!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
furthurnyc
Fresh Boarder

#4476 3 years, 6 months ago
they are playing some of the BEST music ever period
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#4542 3 years, 6 months ago
As long as they're playing, I'm on the bus!

I would like to see some Larry, Jackie, Mark, Kenny, and Robin from time to time mixed in.

Just sayin------
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#4557 3 years, 6 months ago
yes! amazing high level of music being created by furthur. i feel so damn lucky to be a part of this journey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#4593 3 years, 6 months ago
Seems that they are really solidifying as a band since late fall. Everybody seems increasingly more comfortable in their roles (even Bobby!). JK is finally exploring some way interesting, original sounds; the Russo monster is just getting so insane he's gonna sound like FOUR drummers come fall! Chimenti is absolutely irrepressible, pretty much always has been, he can't seem to help himself, man! Two or three bars into a solo may start somewhat, er, traditional, but *boom* he's outta there, just so far out! Amazing stuff! But nothing shows the true band vibe better than Jeff & Sunshine's obvious presence. They have clearly, finally, realized that they are part of the BAND, and not mere background singers, dig; and they are playing their instruments with all their heart!
This is amazing, upward spiralling stuff, and you know the whole band feels it now. Too late to stop, the wheel is turning and it won't slow down!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joeObelisk
Furthuron
Junior Boarder

#4610 3 years, 6 months ago
Any heads here feel a Mickey and Billy visit in the future of Furthur down the line?
"Standing on the moon,
With nothing left to do.
A lovely view of heaven,
But I'd rather be with you - be with you!
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds