• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: The Chicklet guy

#15231 3 years, 5 months ago
Steve wrote:
I remember something on Dead.net central many years ago that he was living in Montana (or something like that) and had NO IDEA of the notoriety he had gained from his brief appearance in the film. God know how many people used "chicklets" as their code word for "that stuff."

color me stupid but I missed the chicklets guy... was he selling "chicklets" aka LSD? Is that what it is? I've been reading abotu th echicklet guy and I never knew who the fuck he was or why the obsession with chicklets... lol

I bet that woman who "walked outside" was dosed and lying about it to get in the door... she should have pulled out a $20
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#15235 3 years, 5 months ago
"I remember something on Dead.net central many years ago that he was living in Montana (or something like that) and had NO IDEA of the notoriety he had gained from his brief appearance in the film. God know how many people used "chicklets" as their code word for "that stuff.""

That's highlarious..God we're weird and I love it.

((((Willie the Doorman)))) coolest cat ever

I did meet someone who was in the movie.
Cowboy, if I remember it right is the name, he was a roadie for the band. They show him as a dancer, real tall dude, cowboy boots with unique form on the floor.

I had a gig in what used to be a health food store on the corner of Haight/Cole making veggie and fruit juice mixes..fun job. It became so popular they hired a gal to help me and she was dating him. He'd pop in occasionally for a minute and when I told her I thought he looked familiar she said it was because he kicked up a storm in the movie.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Delilajones
Junior Boarder

Re: Random Thoughts after Seeing the GDead Movie...

#15266 3 years, 5 months ago
does seem kinda silly to be trying to sneak caps in!!!! as I have---
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15272 3 years, 5 months ago
i just stuff a bottle of water up each sleeve of my hoodie almost never get stopped
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#15290 3 years, 5 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
Steve wrote:
I remember something on Dead.net central many years ago that he was living in Montana (or something like that) and had NO IDEA of the notoriety he had gained from his brief appearance in the film. God know how many people used "chicklets" as their code word for "that stuff."

color me stupid but I missed the chicklets guy... was he selling "chicklets" aka LSD? Is that what it is? I've been reading abotu th echicklet guy and I never knew who the fuck he was or why the obsession with chicklets... lol

I bet that woman who "walked outside" was dosed and lying about it to get in the door... she should have pulled out a $20

The chiclet guy is the long-haired red-headed dude in blue jean overalls who is interviewed early in the film while standing on line.

He is putting "something" in his mouth and the interviewer asks what it is.

He responds: "chiclets" with a big smile.

Later he is seen, several times, in the front row booging hard and singing along to U.S. Blues with a BIGGGGGGer sMiLe on his FaCe.

That's from memory...I coudn't make it to the movie.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#15333 3 years, 5 months ago
Yea, chicklet dude is the one on the rail for at least one night of filiming -- they show him countless times just dancing and going nuts. The one shot hes on like HYPER speed and just bouncign around WAY more than everyone else around him. Just cracks me up every time.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15355 3 years, 5 months ago
probably a friend of bear
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#15359 3 years, 5 months ago
Here's Chicklet Guy in all his glory @ the 2:30 mark...you can't watch this dude without smiling.

Look like they had more clap along than sing along going on and chickelt guy was a master or the lip sync. Great dancing throughout. I miss Winterland. The blacklights, the mirror ball, the crowd, all of it.

"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by sjfgreenman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadheadnj
SHAGGYSAV
Fresh Boarder

#15479 3 years, 5 months ago
phil talks about that stair deal in his book [ searching for the sound]
SHAGGYSAV
Fresh Boarder

#15480 3 years, 5 months ago
phil talks about that stair deal in his book .....
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#15517 3 years, 5 months ago
jerrys story about throwing phil down stairs and then using the songs he was pissed about for an album hahahahaha!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds