• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

Random Thoughts after Seeing the GDead Movie...

#15062 3 years, 4 months ago
-- First, Phil, grow back the beard!!! That look was killer. I totally dug it. Love to see what you'd look like with a beard like that today! Still cracks me up how BOBBY is the one who ended up looking like Yosemite Sam....

-- I love seeing the crowd in 74. They are just TOTALLY into the music, dancing and going nuts, but they're not SINGING along. I know the 'sing along' is a new deal, so its not totally shocking to see them not singing along. But I love it because to me, we sing because we KNOW the songs, thats why we get into certain songs over others -- they are our favorites. That crowd there just went nuts for EVERYTHING. They mighta' not even really been familiar with what was being played, but tehy were TOTALLY dggining it.

-- I loved seeing the interplay between Jerry and the rest of the band. It was so cool watching them just create and flow and just nail it so perfectly. Was just mesmerzing wathcing them work their magic. AND, i hav eot admit... the close up on Jerry's nub of a finger was a little gross. Totally knew he was missing the top part of his finger, just can't believe it looked the way it did.

-- I wonder what that Head who was complaining about the movie and asking about royalities thinsk about the movie nowadays. I cannot imagine ANY Head not enjoing this film. It's like a audio-visual time capsule for all of us ot see what it was like prehiatus. I would ahve LOVED To be filmed for a like 30 sec spot like that... those people in a way will always live in in infamy thanks to their parts in the movie.

-- I wanna meet chicklet dude really bad. Just seems like an awesome cat.

-- Did that chick ever get back inside the show? That woudl totally suck to walk out the wrong door and miss out cause you needed air....

-- I love how the last song in the movie has Mickey on drums. That's so cool. Its like the snuck him in there or something, as a trick ot fuck with us cause I knwo I had ot think and really ask myself if he had been there the whole time.

Thats it for now... Twas totally blown away by the experience of seeing the movie up on the big screen. I hope they don't do this EVERY year, but they shoiuld do it every so often, ya know? Twas just grate. And, does anyone knwo why they wouldnt let people in that were under the age of 18???
coyotte
Junior Boarder

Re: Random Thoughts after Seeing the GDead Movie...

#15064 3 years, 4 months ago
Was at the opening in NYC....and then they played it for 6 months in Asbury Park Paramount theater with an Alembic sound system....no need to re live it......Oh and Jerry Garcia Band Played that summer too at the Convention Hall...Opened with Not Fade Away.....
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#15066 3 years, 4 months ago
I think it would be cool to do a documentary on the fans who appear in the movie.
where their lives went , what do they think about the band since then , are any still on the bus, etc.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
freshwater dan
Junior Boarder

#15068 3 years, 4 months ago
I loved the movie. The sound was superb. The crowd looked so young. It was weird to see some of the heads reflect on 10 years in the scene. That film gave a nice glimpse of the 1970s -- the sneakers, the sidewalks, the 60 cent hot dogs.
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#15095 3 years, 4 months ago
Chiclet dude was great- and singing along!
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#15136 3 years, 4 months ago
I think they should do this every year, on 420.....except with something different every year.
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#15141 3 years, 4 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
I think it would be cool to do a documentary on the fans who appear in the movie.
where their lives went , what do they think about the band since then , are any still on the bus, etc.

Is anyone on the Furthur Community in the movie or someone on the blog know anyone in it.
What would be the answer to answer man
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#15144 3 years, 4 months ago
One of my favorite parts is in Jerrys interview, when he talked about throwing Phil down a small flight of stairs because he was pissed off because he thought a recording sounded bad and that he was fucked up
GOOD LOVE
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#15169 3 years, 4 months ago
It was a great time. I agree they should do it every year, just rotate the films remastering along the way. Dead Ahead, and some of the DVD releases could get some cool videos added and some nice remixes.

Some other thoughts:

1) I think the singing has always been more prevalent to the East Coast, not that those retirement shows didn't have a solid representation.

2) I loved seeing Willie, the West Coast master of entry. They should have his voice repeating on the PA as you enter New Year's shows....and the stringent search...wow!

3) Did the woman "from NY" ever show Willie her ticket? Hmmm

4) The Wall of Sound and the commitment to it. Would like to see a similar good faith effort there now. Bring the more sound down front and Center. You could see how the energy runs through the crowd from the stage. More Phil Bombs with a PA that can handle it. See New FOH guy thread.

5) Loved Jerry talking about Uncle Bobo. Furthur could use a Band/Fan Rep like that in the era of livenationcorporatewhore.com/

When Jer wanted some fucking water, all I could think was....$5.00 and I need to keep your cap.

If there's one rule that I would love to see the band fight for it's that. Get it in the contract that the concessions must allow customers to keep their cap when shaking them down for water. We can walk in with lighters, but we can't be trusted with a cap.? It's just a money maker. A few hundred spill and a few more hundred get sold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#15172 3 years, 4 months ago
They keep the caps cause we will THROW them at people and hurt them, don't cha know? It has nothing to do with money! its baout our SAFETY! or least thats what ive been told when asked why i cant have my fucking cap....

Another thign I couldn't get over is that movie was made when the boys were ten years deep. I was in a theater watching it waht, 37 years later. and the core four are STILL touring? thats fucking amazing. At that time they had no idea if the GD would paly another show. I am sure they are blown about that the ships still touring the country!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds