• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
manunyc
Senior Boarder

Re: Where have all my HeadFriends gone?

#150208 2 years, 5 months ago
I guess this more just ruminating about the loss of the happy go lucky, nothing gets you down type of Show People who I don't find around me much any more. I am a to the bone New Yorker and I guess that lack of cynicism unembarrassed wonder are lacking around me these days. But that is the beauty of HeadFriends the type of person who you may not share a ton in common with but when you see them at or between shows you don't talk about how crappy your life is or just about shows and it always seemed to pleasant, or better.
Counting stars by candlelight, all are dim but one is bright
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#150243 2 years, 5 months ago
I have 360-something FB friends and not-a-one of them give a shit about Furthur. Lots of folks still love the Dead & the music, but in my situation, almost everybody I know/knew have all grown-up; married w/ children & all that. Somehow I've been avoiding domestication!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#150248 2 years, 5 months ago
I would like to wish a Happy 420 to all my new FFF friends, and yes manu, I also have lost 90% of my headfriends in the last 10 yrs, people change for many different reasons, enjoy the journey called life.
-- smell every flower --
manunyc
Senior Boarder

#150305 2 years, 5 months ago
always a fun ride but sometimes it's nice to mix up the company. Would be nice to get into the car and just play the Dead I was listening to. Thankfully it does not come up much be a city dweller.Though getting it as hang out music more often would be nice.
GrandPaul
Fresh Boarder

#150364 2 years, 5 months ago
I guess I'm pretty lucky. Our group of about six CU students shared a first show on 9/3/72 in Boulder.
The three of us who remain in Colorado have been seeing every Broomfield and Red Rocks Furthur show together for the last few years.
We leave the women at home 'cause they're just not that into the crowd scene (hey we're pushin' 60) and it's just like us boys are 19 years old again.
Got to give credit where credit is due for getting us out....Furthur! This band and the shows that they are putting on are magnificent. And I've been turning on other folks, young and old, by hooking them up with show cd's. And helping with tickets.
So let your 'ol headfriends that they need to turn back the hands of time and "dance and shake their bones" one more time!
manunyc
Senior Boarder

#150411 2 years, 5 months ago
GrandPaul wrote:
I guess I'm pretty lucky. Our group of about six CU students shared a first show on 9/3/72 in Boulder.
The three of us who remain in Colorado have been seeing every Broomfield and Red Rocks Furthur show together for the last few years.
We leave the women at home 'cause they're just not that into the crowd scene (hey we're pushin' 60) and it's just like us boys are 19 years old again.
Got to give credit where credit is due for getting us out....Furthur! This band and the shows that they are putting on are magnificent. And I've been turning on other folks, young and old, by hooking them up with show cd's. And helping with tickets.
So let your 'ol headfriends that they need to turn back the hands of time and "dance and shake their bones" one more time!

We should all be so lucky. Just as everyone else should be as lucky to have this wonderful traveling world that the band/bands provide of us to celebrate, not to mention one hell of a show. Many more good shows to you and your crew.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#150442 2 years, 5 months ago
Ya I'm lucky to being still going to shows with a my friend that took me to my first show. And then two others that I go with about half the time. I do love to go solo though, it's just something I need to do once in awhile. All I know is that the people that are deadheads like me, those are my people wheather I know them or not.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#150738 2 years, 5 months ago
A lot of my head friends have moved away, they're all scattered around the USA. Some still go to shows in their area.

Sadly, a few of my head friends have passed away in recent years.

I still have quite a few DH friends in the area, and I meet new ones too.
These are the good old days!!
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#150744 2 years, 5 months ago
I had a tour buddy who had some problems, went to rehab, now clean and sober. He hasn't been to a show since 05 and just saw the Sun Beacon show so perhaps we will see shows this summer, not sure how the clean and sober aspect will work.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#150765 2 years, 5 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
I had a tour buddy who had some problems, went to rehab, now clean and sober. He hasn't been to a show since 05 and just saw the Sun Beacon show so perhaps we will see shows this summer, not sure how the clean and sober aspect will work.

It could work better for him if you help and support him, let him know that you don't need to get high to enjoy this music. I find it a distraction a lot of the times. But then there's those times like furthur fest where it works. Hope your friend can go without problems
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds