• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
coyotte
Junior Boarder

Re: This is really good (Peggy-o/Jackie Greene)

#15054 3 years, 4 months ago
WHO'S RRE???

Is Jackie Greene someone new? who is he?
BT67
Fresh Boarder

#15067 3 years, 4 months ago
While your on Peggy-Os, check out this version from a band called the Deep Dark Woods. I think it's pretty nice!

Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by BT67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sam2448
Lynx
Visitor

#15072 3 years, 4 months ago
I see your DDW Peggy-O and raise you one "Hang Me, Oh Hang Me"! LOVE these guys!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
sam2448
Junior Boarder

#15073 3 years, 4 months ago
i love jackie, rre and deep dark woods. seen all of them live too, great stuff. nice youtube clips!
BT67
Fresh Boarder

#15075 3 years, 4 months ago
Nice work!
Chester
More or less in line

#15076 3 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, thanks. I've never seen those.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Lynx
Visitor

#15079 3 years, 4 months ago
sam2448 wrote:
i love jackie, rre and deep dark woods. seen all of them live too, great stuff. nice youtube clips!

Where have you seen The Deep Dark Woods, Sam? I assume it was in Ontario since every time I check their site that's the only place they are playing. But anyway how were they live? I would LOVE to see them sometime.

And while this thread has taken some twists and turns, I'm glad to have gone from JG, to RRE, to DDW bc it is giving these guys exposure to a group of dedicated, passionate music fans! Which is exactly why I started it! Perhaps it should be in the "music talk" forum but what the fuck? It's kinda slow around here tonight.... hope no one minds.

Thanks.
sam2448
Junior Boarder

#15080 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx wrote:
sam2448 wrote:

Where have you seen The Deep Dark Woods, Sam? I assume it was in Ontario since every time I check their site that's the only place they are playing. But anyway how were they live? I would LOVE to see them sometime.

And while this thread has taken some twists and turns, I'm glad to have gone from JG, to RRE, to DDW bc it is giving these guys exposure to a group of dedicated, passionate music fans! Which is exactly why I started it! Perhaps it should be in the "music talk" forum but what the fuck? It's kinda slow around here tonight.... hope no one minds.

Thanks.

i actually saw deep dark woods in st paul, mn. they were opening for these united states (who are another absolutely killer band) at a tiny club. there were probably less than 50 people there, but it was a great show. deep dark woods had a nice balance of country with some nice psychedelic jamming... definitely pretty dead-influenced stuff but original.
Lynx
Visitor

#15081 3 years, 4 months ago
Holy shit! I just checked their (Deep Dark Woods) site and they are playing in Winookski, VT (about 15 minutes from where I live in Burlington) on May 8th. Problem is I will be in Montclaire, NJ for the Jackie Greene/Railroad Earth show on the 7th and was/am planning visiting friends in Mass on the way back! Damn this sucks!

What to do..........

My decision rests upon your review of them live, Sam. Let's hear it!
Lynx
Visitor

#15082 3 years, 4 months ago
Damn! Damn! Damn!

I might have to blow-off my friends!
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds