• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Great Grateful Dead Movie Event

#14903 3 years, 6 months ago
Had a great time in my small city in virginia ,about half full people were dancing and clapping. Honestly the first time I've seen this movie from start to finish. Sound was great. Loved the interview with jerry when he said threw phil down a small flight of stairs. Great time had by all
GOOD LOVE
Ima
Fresh Boarder

#14909 3 years, 6 months ago
We drove out of state to attend a show in Swansea Mass... it was the only show NOT sold out in 3 surrounding states. We got there an hour and a half early- jammed some Futhur in the parking lot and the guys spun some poi while we waited, hoping to meet up with some family. Once the show was about to start... we wondered if we would be alone in the theater but thought it impossible! Apparently, the small crowd that gathered near the door smiling and staring at us WERE there for the show too!

Once the show started, everyone showed up. About 3/4 full. What an awesome time! I really wanted to boogie and it seemed like others did too... but for some reason we all stayed seated and grooved in our seats. By the middle of the show people were hootin' n hollarin' - really feeling it. I cried during Morning Dew.

I feel honored to have been a part of such an historic event! Another add to the ticket stub collection.

Anyone attend the Showcase in Warwick RI? We heard that it was a full on lot scene with a full house. Supposedly, the manager of the theater is a head.
skyties
Junior Boarder

#14915 3 years, 6 months ago
Had a great time at the movies last night! What a fun way to celebrate 4:20. Branford, CT sold out show. Nice to see the same ol faces from the past come out and pay their respects. Odd seeing empty seats though, lots of people saw the sold out signs and left, couple people lookin' for miracles. Nice slide show before the movie. Live simulcast of Furthur.......someone please get on this!
sandee823
Junior Boarder
Ohh mama, aint it good to be alive

#14939 3 years, 6 months ago
Baltimore area here
Was my first time seeing the movie and loved every minute of it. Now I know what my friends mean when they talk about the "foot hills." haha (tap, tap, tap...) We hit NRPS after the movie then chilled back at a friends house. I started my night off with the dead and fell asleep listening to acoustic dead. Ahhhh- what a night!

I loved the look in jerry's eyes as they played Playing in the Band, the part where it quiets down then the energy comes right back up (i believe right before the last chorus-could be wrong though). Watching how music effects people is beautiful to me. Something so pure you feel deep inside. Even with songs i dont know, i can ride along with the tune and feel where it is going. You just cant help but boogie on down.
This family has opened my eyes to so much in the world. For that, I am and will remain forever grateful.
My freedoms in the fire, i want to take me higher....free my soul
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#14952 3 years, 6 months ago
I realized about halfway in, that I had that huge cheeseball grin plastered across my face that I'm always wearing at a live show. This movie was so much better than I remembered it being!
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#14993 3 years, 6 months ago
[quote="Equinox" post=14891]And it reminded me of something Kesey said after Jerry died. He refered to him as a shaman. And you really don't need any more evidence of that than this movie.

Beautiful...
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#15000 3 years, 6 months ago
the only complaint I have which really isn't a complaint so don't take it that way, is that they played the same version of the same song (playing in the band) for the pre show at the begining when they were showing the slideshow......I mean how much more would it have really taken to play 2 different songs during that slideshow.....
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds