• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DaddyDead
Junior Boarder

Great Grateful Dead Movie Event

#14851 3 years, 4 months ago
Just got back from Roseville MN theatre from (can you believe it... say it with me) The Grateful Dead Movie.....

This was a twice in a lifetime event. Estimate about 100 - 125 or so in attendance at this MN theatre, with about 85%+ from the community of the Dead faithful. Rest were a welcome handful just checking out the scene. No one left before the end of the credits.

THANK YOU DEAD.NET for assisting in making this HISTORIC event possible.

More importantly, thanks to THE BAND, THE Grateful Dead, for making this all Possible.

Totally loved this event. Let's hear your stories.

How about a national follow up series with the Closing of Winterland or possibly Ticket to New Years Eve?
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, PMoondancer , Jack Jones, WGJORDAN3
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Great Grateful Dead Movie Event

#14856 3 years, 4 months ago
hell yea man, keep it going every 420! ....they can just pick a concert to play or suttin to, it will all be good

I was in Manchester, CT. they said it was sold out but there were some scattered empty seats. People were leaving when the credits started but I didn't move until the end. Great time.

Everybody fill up on Slurpys and popcorn? - I got way more popcorn then I should of.
DaddyDead
Junior Boarder

#14857 3 years, 4 months ago
ok, replying to your own post is lame i'll admit it... but this is TOTALLY a cool idea....

WHAT ABOUT A NATIONALLY OR WORLDWIDE SIMULCAST NEW YEARS EVE FURTHUR SHOW in theatres !!!!
DaddyDead
Junior Boarder

#14859 3 years, 4 months ago
Mushroom Man --- Heck with the Popcorn... I had Whoppers.... Whoppers man.... totally cool!
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#14862 3 years, 4 months ago
Our theatre was not close to sold out but folks there were mighty happy. So great to see it on big screen again!
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

#14864 3 years, 4 months ago
Reporting in from College Station, TX where only a handful showed up. They turned it UP soon after it started. & I walked all around & sat in various seats, settleing into ~1/3 of the way back on Jerry's side (2 seats in) after 'intermission'.

It was so good. AND SO IS FURTHUR!

Love the Winterland & Oakland 12.31.78/87 idea! I'd be there & a Furthur Broadcast-Well I might prefer at home, but I'd be there & buy tix for my friends.
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#14883 3 years, 4 months ago
glad everyone had a "grate" time !!
a simulcast or even a pay per view on new years would be cool !
maybe they can make a deal with bobby's new webcast facility to make things happen .
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#14890 3 years, 4 months ago
COULDNT GO BECAUSE I'M WORKING OUTSIDE THE U.S. FOR NOW. GOT TICKETS FOR MY YOUNGER SISTER ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO WHEN THEY FIRST WENT ON SALE. JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM HER THIS MORNING AND SHE SAID THAT IT WAS GRATE AND THAT SHE HAD GOOD TIME. WOULD REALLLY BE SOMETHING IF DEAD.NET OR RHINO FOLLOWED UP WITH ANOTHER LIVE CONCERT ON THE BIG SCREEN!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#14891 3 years, 4 months ago
Saw this in King of Prussia, PA. Place was almost sold out. Got there an hour ahead of time to get a seat with optimum sound and I wasn't even the first one in. Glad I made the effort. The audio on this has been seriously upgraded IMO. All the musicians could be heard in pristine clarity and boy, did this make a big difference with the deep space. I went there totally sober and straight but I walked out decidedly stoned. All because of that music. It just shuffled my synapses.

And it reminded me of something Kesey said after Jerry died. He refered to him as a shaman. And you really don't need any more evidence of that than this movie.

It should be shown once a year nationwide for therapeutic purposes. Might make society a better place.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
cletus1
Junior Boarder

#14902 3 years, 4 months ago
well here in florence ky. we had a bad wind storm and the theatre cancelled it because the satelites were down. hopefully they keep up to there word and replay it may 5th.
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds