• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Seastrom
Junior Boarder

Today's ticket experience

#148292 2 years, 5 months ago
So, how did everyone's frontgate experience work out today? I wish mine would have gone better, but it's been a rough morning for me. I ended up with decent San Diego and Santa Barbara seats but everything else was already sold out. Can anyone enlighten me on why frontgate doesn't sell more tickets? It seems they have a very high demand, and very little allotment of tickets. Now, I have long week waiting for the live nation/ticketmaster on Friday. If anyone has a password for early tickets sales, please share it would relieve some stress in my life.

On another note about tickets, I really hate to see that people have already posted fall west coast tickets for sale on stub hub. How does shoreline and LA have so many tickets for sale already? I feel people who already are reselling tickets are creating some very bad ticket karma. If you don't want to see the show, don't buy the tickets

Well, hopefully ticketmaster will have plenty of seats but overall I'm happy that I get a chance to see the boys play. Hope everyone's havn a grate day
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Today's ticket experience

#148301 2 years, 5 months ago
Sometimes people offer tickets on Stubhub when they don't actually have them. That's happened to a few people I know. If I were looking to buy on Stubhub I certainly wouldn't do anything till after the general onsale.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
DoryM.
Fresh Boarder

#148307 2 years, 5 months ago
Today was my first (and probably last!)experience with Frontgate...thought I would give the pre-sale a try before going for mail order or waiting for ticketmaster. Sadly, i got nowhere through their website and when I tried calling it was endlessly busy, then hold, then sold out of their allotment except for lawn. While I was on hold, I saw tickets come up on other sites for reserved seats at 4-5x face value. Too bad there's no way to prevent at least some of that.
GrandPaul
Fresh Boarder

#148310 2 years, 5 months ago
Frontgate did me wrong, too! There were two of us trying for the Red Rocks run and we were shut down.
Nada...
So to satisfy my need to try everything, I sent off three mail orders for the show.
On Thursday we'll hit the KBCO presale and then Friday's on sale date if Thursday doesn't work out.
Ideally, we'll score more than we need and get to make some folks happy in September!
domyanite
Fresh Boarder

#148311 2 years, 5 months ago
DoryM. wrote:
Today was my first (and probably last!)experience with Frontgate...thought I would give the pre-sale a try before going for mail order or waiting for ticketmaster. Sadly, i got nowhere through their website and when I tried calling it was endlessly busy, then hold, then sold out of their allotment except for lawn. While I was on hold, I saw tickets come up on other sites for reserved seats at 4-5x face value. Too bad there's no way to prevent at least some of that.

They can use flash tickets where you show up with the credit card you used to buy them and they scan it at the gate. Makes finding extras a bit more tricky or makes everyone in a group to stick together.
“I say, Phil, my dog has no nose.” “No nose? How does he smell” “Blooming awful!”
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#148321 2 years, 5 months ago
So it is very challenging. I was online right at 9. Got ticks for Sea, Greek and SB and one Edgefield show........only to be timedout. Ouch. Got back in and only could Seattle (lol, I live here and no one ever wants to see a show here vs OR and CA).

Amazing just how quickly everything goes. Oh well. I'll be online on Fri morning with the rest of you. Peace.
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

#148332 2 years, 5 months ago
i had a little bit of trouble but i managed to get tickets for shoreline no problem. at first my email address doesn't work and i couldn't get them to send me a new password, so i had to create a new email account and i just did it that way. After that there was no problem, i got the tickets i wanted and had no further problems with the site. I've managed to secure tickets for for a bunch of shows with only a small amount of problems.

and i really don't know what people complain about LAWN seats. the lawn is where the party is at.

good luck to everybody with ticketmaster on friday!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#148338 2 years, 5 months ago
I have a feeling everyone will get the tickets they need through out the 3 different sales dates.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head, GrandPaul
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#148344 2 years, 5 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
I have a feeling everyone will get the tickets they need through out the 3 different sales dates.

You're probably right. But it's still an interesting sign of just how popular our little band is getting.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#148355 2 years, 5 months ago
Seriously don't worry about your frontgate experience, I assure you it will go better with the LN/TM sales. I've always bombed out on frontgate and freaked out and then was eventually fine HOWEVER, today I lucked out big time with shoreline and SD.

Frontgate's site is not very friendly either, it's easy to get screwed up and have to re-log in and crap like that... the scalpers apparently know what they are doing on that site and they do very well. Sucks but that's where ticket sales have headed.

I still need to get all 3 days of RR and I'm not too worried...

(((((TICKETS FOR ALL))))))
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: GrandPaul
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds