"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: Unity

#14928 3 years, 3 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Furthur has truly become one of my great pleasures in life.

You are right....watch the GD movie yesterday and noticed a sign "DEAD DON"T DIE"
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
shakeAndBake
Fresh Boarder

#14937 3 years, 3 months ago
I am also loving these positive threads, let's keep them going.
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#14943 3 years, 3 months ago
let me start off by saying i love the fact that folks who didn't get to see jerry, or even see jerry enough, have this band to take them on that journey. but for an old-timer like myself (even at this late date, jerry's only been gone about half the time that i was on the bus with him) i still have a hard time with the "family" break-up factor with furthur. and like any kid(jerry's, in this case) caught in the middle of a break-up, as much as you love both sides, it's hard not to be angry at the partner that caused the fracture. this, and what i consider jk's over deference to phil and bob (not kicking their asses like jerry would) plus the pre-planned setlists, usually leave furthur lacking for me, although i have heard flashes of the old brilliance-the bear tribute @ rcmh, for instance.

so even though i can't jump on the bandwagon as wholeheartedly as most of you, i will continue to celebrate the music doing for others what it did for me when the bus came by and i got on...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
CinnamonGirl53
Junior Boarder

#14961 3 years, 3 months ago
Count me in as another optimist about this band and life in general. I'm loving that Phil and Bob can keep touring at their tender ages and that Im still able to shake my old bones to their music.

I really hope that this board stays positive and I think we can all contribute to that by ignoring taunts from folk that stop by here who think they're amusing. Let's try to walk away from that.

I appreciate that the band members stop by here to interact from time to time. Its all about the fun.

Proud to be a lovely Further Unicorn with glitter in my eyes.

United we stand. Keep it Kind!
*pict groover*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Material St. John, shakeAndBake
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#14977 3 years, 3 months ago
[quote="mandala" ) i still have a hard time with the "family" break-up factor with furthur. and like any kid(jerry's, in this case) caught in the middle of a break-up, as much as you love both sides, it's hard not to be angry at the partner that caused the fracture.

so even though i can't jump on the bandwagon as wholeheartedly as most of you, i will continue to celebrate the music doing for others what it did for me when the bus came by and i got on...[/quote]

I hear you Mandala- i have been talking with alot of old friends from tour- Jerry's kids the lot of us. Most of them are not as enthusiastic about Furthur as I am. Alot of these folks are calling them a 'cover band," and that doesn't feel good to me. i have been trying to come up with a description for Furthur -I even started a thread last night to talk about it (in my post movie spaced out state.) But I think you pegged it about "the break up," and feelings that come along with that- and all of us knowing there really is no replacing Jerry. For some, this band will always be a cover band-and that can be a way to continue their connection to the Dead that was- and I get that.

For me- I still miss Jerry- and I am really psyched about this band. It doesn't feel the same to me- it couldn't. And yet i find it incredible that here is a whole new crop of folks who are still getting blissed by this music so i say Thank You Furthur for keeping it going-and Thank you Mandala for giving words to some of my swirling thoughts- and Thank you Bokb who created a thread named Unity!
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MusicMagic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53, Material St. John
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#14979 3 years, 3 months ago
I am also taken by the evolution of this community. We have something real special happening right in front of us.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53, Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#15001 3 years, 3 months ago
Thumbs up for that ecojaded
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#15014 3 years, 3 months ago
Furthur has given me that " community of music lovers" feeling again. Awesome post. Been on the bus since 81 and been missing that feeling for a long while now. The last 4 shows of this tour were unbelievable, as was red rocks.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds