• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
skyties
Junior Boarder

Re: We are Furthur

#14917 3 years, 6 months ago
I think Material St John is on to something here!
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#14922 3 years, 6 months ago
Material St. John wrote:
coyotte wrote:
I get my coffee in the morning at the coffe cart on Madison & 71st street..almost everyday....

55th and 5th Momofuko. David Cheng is a ponce---- but the milk is from Milk Thistle and that is the goods. Oh and the Ruben Croissant is outrageous--- Rye Croissant--- House Made Pastrami---- House Made Sauerkraut---- and Russian Dressing.

I digress.

Loving the stories must be a million more.

Here's another of mine (Pre Furthurband)

5 Nights Red Rocks the Dead 2003. First 3 nights amazing--- with a crew at least 20 Deep. We were dancing on stage left stairs. Which at Red Rocks there is a huge cliff called the "Creation Rock." We all had these Jerry Hand Print Truckers Hats--- Red White and Blue various color configurations. No Tickets (I was like 22)--- we all get in all nights. Various Miracles--- Deals left and right--- just a great all of us or none of us vibe.

We were calling ourselves the Creation Rock All-Stars!

Night off. Good Friend Rolls his truck in Loveland. He's Gone. Miss you Just.

4th Night no one wants to go--- I go. Alone.

End up on top of this small building(again I was 22) Dancing from The Wheel > 3. Dark Star > 4. Throwing Stones > 5. Franklin's Tower--- finally get asked to get "the fuck" down. Durring the whole time up there I could feel(see) my friend dancing on the heads of everyone below us in the crowd.

I thought to myself "man now that's the Grateful Dead."

The last night everyone came back and it was extremely healing---- but I will never forget how sad I was, alone I was, and how thankful I was.

that was Furthur (even though the band had a different name)

This story brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. Your friend was with you then, and still is
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Material St. John
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#14930 3 years, 6 months ago
diggin this thread man--good stuff...

i am glad other people are noticing this and having the same feelings about it. hell phil reminds us about it every single night now. something that he's been stressing A LOT MORE--i believe every night this past tour--and a little bit last november, again that is "that we are the community, and this music is all about the community"...as my tour buddy george always said "we are all playing in the heart of gold band"--very true...our presence and energy fuel this band, but more importantly fuel the music that is playing this band. and quite frankly everyone, 'i love you more than words can tell', without you and these guys, a part of me would not exist--so thank you.

here is a backstory---i was doing my last semester of college when furthur formed (student teaching in upstate NY)..i grabbed tix to go solo to both nights of asbury park...i had to take a licensing exam the morning before i took off on 12/12/09...long story short someone i had not seen in a very long time brought a handle of jamieson up the previous night and i was a trainwreck the next morning...pulling over on the interstate puking trying to get to syracuse for this exam..after finishing it with a garbage can next to my desk in the hallway (removed!) i had to get to asbury park, and quick...i did make it and met a guy that night helped me out with some joints as i burned my stash on the ride down to keep from losing it..i had seen RD, PLF, TOO, DEAD etc combined 150 times...this band blew me away both nights....continued hitting shows, meeting folks, mainly alone--my friends were not into touring around, and i was just getting out of college so i was all about it. furthur festival was a pinnacle moment in furthur history for me---the most family oriented festival i went to, also my first time seeing a show in california...completely blown away--i love this band..wound up doing the entire west coast tour in the fall, midwest/east, and the last 25 show east coast tour..this band has come to define a part of my life. am i going to tour for the rest of my life? no. this music, this band, the people i've met along the way, and the people i continue to meet are part of me. 'been there so long i've got to calling it home'. i've got some really solid friends of all ages all over the country, who enjoy the same lifestyle i do...makes me think of that last line in viola lee blues 'i've got friends somewhere'...

keep the negativity away folks, we control the scene, and it can be a beautiful place

just wanna thank you, for a real good time!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
fillmore
Fresh Boarder

#15415 3 years, 6 months ago
Your right, it's the people and the music together that makes the experience so much fun. I find myself smiling all thru the show and feel good leaving the venue afterwards. I don't get that when I take my wife to see one of her favorite bands.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by fillmore.
robertjfeldman
Junior Boarder
Criminal Defense Attorney

#15422 3 years, 6 months ago
SOOO AWESOME to see that that the Wheel never stops.....

got on the bus in 1969.......got off right after Jerry passed and got back on in MSG December 2010

to all the kids who think they missed what went on before: Its not because you missed out on the thing that we had to start.........

.........Its even better now...the music is more consistent...and most significantly the heads seem to be "getting it" every night every city.....

can hardly wait for Jones Beach
come and join the party every day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , CinnamonGirl53, Abba
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#15423 3 years, 6 months ago
welcome back Bob !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertjfeldman
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#15476 3 years, 6 months ago
robertjfeldman wrote:
SOOO AWESOME to see that that the Wheel never stops.....

got on the bus in 1969.......got off right after Jerry passed and got back on in MSG December 2010

to all the kids who think they missed what went on before: Its not because you missed out on the thing that we had to start.........

.........Its even better now...the music is more consistent...and most significantly the heads seem to be "getting it" every night every city.....

can hardly wait for Jones Beach

Robert!!! Unreal 69. Wow--- really dig and appreciate your words. MSG was HUGE---- glad we are riding together!
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds