• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
tomass
Junior Boarder
High There?

Re: We are Furthur

#14792 3 years, 4 months ago
On the floor in Pittsburgh after the set break. Dude in front of us asks if we saw his jacket??? We saw all sorts of things BUT his jacket. Then his friend spots it many rows over "walking" away!!! Like a super hero he ran across the tops of "HEADS"! Retrieved his jacket to our cheers !! His whiskey was in that jacket!!
When you need a haircut bad..........
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#14801 3 years, 4 months ago
coyotte wrote:
I get my coffee in the morning at the coffe cart on Madison & 71st street..almost everyday....

55th and 5th Momofuko. David Cheng is a ponce---- but the milk is from Milk Thistle and that is the goods. Oh and the Ruben Croissant is outrageous--- Rye Croissant--- House Made Pastrami---- House Made Sauerkraut---- and Russian Dressing.

I digress.

Loving the stories must be a million more.

Here's another of mine (Pre Furthurband)

5 Nights Red Rocks the Dead 2003. First 3 nights amazing--- with a crew at least 20 Deep. We were dancing on stage left stairs. Which at Red Rocks there is a huge cliff called the "Creation Rock." We all had these Jerry Hand Print Truckers Hats--- Red White and Blue various color configurations. No Tickets (I was like 22)--- we all get in all nights. Various Miracles--- Deals left and right--- just a great all of us or none of us vibe.

We were calling ourselves the Creation Rock All-Stars!

Night off. Good Friend Rolls his truck in Loveland. He's Gone. Miss you Just.

4th Night no one wants to go--- I go. Alone.

End up on top of this small building(again I was 22) Dancing from The Wheel > 3. Dark Star > 4. Throwing Stones > 5. Franklin's Tower--- finally get asked to get "the fuck" down. Durring the whole time up there I could feel(see) my friend dancing on the heads of everyone below us in the crowd.

I thought to myself "man now that's the Grateful Dead."

The last night everyone came back and it was extremely healing---- but I will never forget how sad I was, alone I was, and how thankful I was.

that was Furthur (even though the band had a different name)
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#14810 3 years, 4 months ago
I love that this is a totally positive thread, also.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy nside ...and it feeds my unicorns, that's what they thrive on!

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53, Abba
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#14823 3 years, 4 months ago
There was this couple that came into the restaurant back in March, had "that look," y'unnerstand, that little gleam & glow. A little small talk, weather and whatnot, and he asks me, "so, you going to Atlanta?" "Yep!!" I grin, "Hampton & Charleston too!" "Yeah, us too!" she says, "all three! Then....... maybe Florida..." No mention of the band, it was implicit. Anybody listening would've had no clue.

It's like anybody who's ever owned a Volkswagon (air-cooled, not new-schooled) can attest, it's not merely transportation, it's a lifestyle.

When Ram Dass was deep in the "experimentation," he says that it eventually came to the point where, to the person who's had the experience, no explanation was needed, and to him who has not, none is possible....
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#14837 3 years, 4 months ago
Nice post dude. Very nice. Couldn't have said it better myself. You are so right.
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#14849 3 years, 4 months ago
Material St. John wrote:
Here something cool that happened at Hampton.

I was on the floor in the asile--- and we had this guy next to us who was Splashed. He was in his mid 50's I'd say and he was a Psychedelic Monster! Shaking every way--- too his core---- getting down so hard and so crazy that everyone in the aisle cleared out. I reached out to him with the help of some friends--- we gave Hugs, eye contact, compliments, water, basically saying Hey Man--- you are the Man!

Slowly our piece of crowd came to accept our little Psychedelic Monster as he became more aware of his surroundings and the effect he was having on others experiences. The whole vibe changed from who is this freaker? To welcome to the dance. It was really cool to be a part of and see that we can all help and give a little love to all those around us especially when experimenting--- and provide a bit of a safety net to get out there and have those experiences.

That is such a perfect description of what can happen in the Dance- thanks for making it so palpable. I have had that kind of thing happen with folks at shows-amazing what a little love can do... yay for you all for helping him connect!

J
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertjfeldman
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14867 3 years, 4 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I love that this is a totally positive thread, also.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy nside ...and it feeds my unicorns, that's what they thrive on!

If we don't feed the unicorns we wouldn't get our rainbows
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
DaddyDead
Junior Boarder

#14868 3 years, 4 months ago
This has been said in numerous ways on this thread, but just to add to the communal feeling & vibe:

WE ARE EVERYWHERE!

Deadheads unite!!!!

Happy FURTHUR Everyone....

(P.S. - Hope for some midwest shows.... couldn't let it lie.)

Hope you had a GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!!! Wherever you are on your journey!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14869 3 years, 4 months ago
EVERYWHERE!!!
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
sfwharfratluke
Junior Boarder