• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

Re: We are Furthur

#14718 2 years, 12 months ago
Here something cool that happened at Hampton.

I was on the floor in the asile--- and we had this guy next to us who was Splashed. He was in his mid 50's I'd say and he was a Psychedelic Monster! Shaking every way--- too his core---- getting down so hard and so crazy that everyone in the aisle cleared out. I reached out to him with the help of some friends--- we gave Hugs, eye contact, compliments, water, basically saying Hey Man--- you are the Man!

Slowly our piece of crowd came to accept our little Psychedelic Monster as he became more aware of his surroundings and the effect he was having on others experiences. The whole vibe changed from who is this freaker? To welcome to the dance. It was really cool to be a part of and see that we can all help and give a little love to all those around us especially when experimenting--- and provide a bit of a safety net to get out there and have those experiences.

J
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertjfeldman
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#14722 2 years, 12 months ago
Material St. John wrote:
Here something cool that happened at Hampton.

I was on the floor in the asile--- and we had this guy next to us who was Splashed. He was in his mid 50's I'd say and he was a Psychedelic Monster! Shaking every way--- too his core---- getting down so hard and so crazy that everyone in the aisle cleared out. I reached out to him with the help of some friends--- we gave Hugs, eye contact, compliments, water, basically saying Hey Man--- you are the Man!

Slowly our piece of crowd came to accept our little Psychedelic Monster as he became more aware of his surroundings and the effect he was having on others experiences. The whole vibe changed from who is this freaker? To welcome to the dance. It was really cool to be a part of and see that we can all help and give a little love to all those around us especially when experimenting--- and provide a bit of a safety net to get out there and have those experiences.

J

Good for you, MSJ! We can never have too many kind souls in our presence, and it always makes me smile to hear stories of folks looking out for one another I'm sorry we didn't run into each other there on the floor, although perhaps we did.... Hope you had as great a time as I did!!
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#14728 2 years, 12 months ago
Thanks--- we had a BUNCH of Kind SOuls to help him out!
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#14730 2 years, 12 months ago
LOL@bokb

I sometimes think the same thing, i.e. jamming my iPod with a shit-eating grin, dancing up the aisles of my neighborhood supermarket. No doubt, I get more than a few double-takes.

I LOVE this band, and I, too, love that it's NOW!!
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Chester
More or less in line

#14734 2 years, 12 months ago
"We are Furthur". I've kind of felt that too. Well said. Thanks. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#14744 2 years, 12 months ago
as Hunter said at the "family reuniun thing" at alpine,(to the crowd), " you are the grateful dead now, we are just the other ones."
same could be said of furthur. if they werent kickin ass, playin relevent music, people wouldnt go see em. well maybe east coasters. lol just jokin. but for real, the audience is a HUGE part of the show, so please people, be kind, and hope the boys keep on truckin, cause id dont like phiish or widespread or string cheese that much. i go see em, i have fun. but its like the difference between a keg-party and an acid test.
shakeAndBake
Fresh Boarder

#14767 2 years, 12 months ago
Dancing on the floor at the Broomfield shows in Colorado this February was incredible. All the people dancing consciously together, making eye contact and beaming smiles at each other, hugging each other...this scene, this band, and this music really do create a magical, loving, atmosphere for people to connect and feel alive, to feel our best. I am very grateful and gitty that THIS is happening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#14778 2 years, 12 months ago
Love to hear that Shake. Wish I was there.

I live for when the music takes over. I love when you see some crazy dancer... and they look up lock eye's and they are clear (high maybe) but clear. Not Fuck'd.

I like when it get's really good and everyone starts looking like we practice together.

Like we are professionals--- like we do this for a living.

I hope Futhur play more GA venues at least have a GA area (Not Lawn). We are much better at sorting our own energies naturally than having positions assigned to us. And it keeps the scumbag brokers for gentrifying all the prime real estate with high prices.

J
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#14779 2 years, 12 months ago
I get my coffee in the morning at the coffe cart on Madison & 71st street..almost everyday....
St. Stevie
Fresh Boarder

#14790 2 years, 12 months ago
Nice to see a positive thread, play on playa.
DSO on the Harbor June 24th. Come continue the vibe before Furthur summer tour kicks off.
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds