• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

We are Furthur

#14653 3 years, 3 months ago
Just walking down 5th ave in NYC to get my coffee. Listening to Mighty Quinn (Hampton) Shakedown (Hampton) Scarlet (Best Buy) Mountain Song (MSG)---

Long Walk--- Good Coffee

As I was sipping and zening ----- I thought wait....

We All Are Furthur.

I thought of all the experiences of the last year. Hanging with OLD DUDES talking bout the OLD DAYS. Hanging with a Father and Son on the floor in Hampton. Singing Franklins in the bathroom with 30 other heads. All of us singing the lyrics when "the band" misses its cue. All of the inexplicable-indescribable-transient-ephemeral beauty--- that is OUR legacy

is Furthur. We are Furthur. Let’s push it Furthur-

Let's hear some road stories--- of connections--- magic--- and Modern Americana.

J
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
sandee823
Junior Boarder
Ohh mama, aint it good to be alive

Re: We are Furthur

#14664 3 years, 3 months ago
Just got chills reading this.
Cheers my friend!
Cant agree with you more. Im "new" to this family and I cannot express the gratitude I have (5 years strong and growing). I have met sooo many amazing people. Some are now my best friends, others are friends for life. Those who I've only met once, i cannot wait to run into them again at a show down the road. And I know it will happen- heads are a family. Our shows are like holidays when you come home to see your family.

You gotta love it when there is a something that just makes you stop, look up with the cheezzzy-est grin, listen and feel it strike a chord deep inside. A feeling i get with each show I go to.
This family has opened my eyes to so much in the world. For that, I am and will remain forever grateful.
My freedoms in the fire, i want to take me higher....free my soul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Material St. John
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14667 3 years, 3 months ago
St. John...You are right...We are FURTHUR...the music plays the band and the band plays us
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#14670 3 years, 3 months ago
And we Play the band--- right back!!!

A circle NO BEGINNING AND NO END!!!

"Got to get back to where we belong--- lil' bit harder--- lil' bit more!!!!!"
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Material St. John.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#14686 3 years, 3 months ago
What I have been really enjoying for the past year or so is the sense of NOW that Furthur has been providing me. This is happening RIGHT NOW!!! It's one thing to be jammin' an awesome '77 show on the car stereo with the windows down, or roaming the streets with a blazin' '69 set on the iPod,.... but now I have recordings of shows from a month ago, from a band that currently exists! It fills my soul!

As I jam the iPod while walking the neighborhood, I can only imagine how strange it must be to see this dude with such a goofy silly-wide grin walking by. Particularly after returning from the shows, retaining so much of that "old vibe" in the present day, I burst with gratitude!

I had some cd's passed on to me before I realized just what was really going on with Furthur that blew my mind. I cussed out the guy who gave 'em to me, cuz it was freezing when I was first digesting them on the iPod; I didn't need more goosebumps! I love my family!!!!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, Abba, robertjfeldman
sandee823
Junior Boarder
Ohh mama, aint it good to be alive

#14701 3 years, 3 months ago
You going to the DSO show at Irving Plaza next Fri St. John?
This family has opened my eyes to so much in the world. For that, I am and will remain forever grateful.
My freedoms in the fire, i want to take me higher....free my soul
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14706 3 years, 3 months ago
If unable to dance...I will crawl crawl crawl
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#14709 3 years, 3 months ago
No DSO for me.
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#14710 3 years, 3 months ago
One of the things I look forward to most, besides making new friends, is running into folks I've met at shows past. Never in my life have I met a collective group of kinder, more accepting people.
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#14711 3 years, 3 months ago
sandee823 wrote:
Just got chills reading this.
Cheers my friend!
Cant agree with you more. Im "new" to this family and I cannot express the gratitude I have (5 years strong and growing). I have met sooo many amazing people. Some are now my best friends, others are friends for life. Those who I've only met once, i cannot wait to run into them again at a show down the road. And I know it will happen- heads are a family. Our shows are like holidays when you come home to see your family.

You gotta love it when there is a something that just makes you stop, look up with the cheezzzy-est grin, listen and feel it strike a chord deep inside. A feeling i get with each show I go to.

get outta my head!
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
Time to create page: 1.56 seconds