• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder

Heard a rumor

#146417 2 years, 5 months ago
Today I was walking by the Beacon, and decided to take a walk on the Amsterdam Ave. side. There I found someone I knew, one of the core crew of stage hands that works there. I hadn't seen him in a long time, and we reminisced. Eventually he told me that Furthur was playing at the Garden next month. Now this really perk'd up my ears, because that is where this band plays the best when in nyc. Anyone at any Beacon shows whose been to the Garden, at the end of the current run, tell me if any of these shows were as good as any MSG show you were at. Very curious. Anyway, not to hype MSG, but I found this tidbit of info )or dis-info(
very interesting. Here's someone who is tuned into things in the city as far as live entertainment, definitely a behind the scenes type, yet this idea of MSG shows next month makes no sense. Would they just play the Garden without any other shows in the area, as if to satisfy the never ending demand for New York shows? Or is this just poppy cock?
He also told me that last night one of the guitarists from Whitesnake showed up and went out on stage to play with Furthur. Ok, now that did not seem feasible at all.
I'd like to think there is a shred of truth in the Garden rumor.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Heard a rumor

#146419 2 years, 5 months ago
i would have played into it and thrown some energy t oward it until you added "He also told me that last night one of the guitarists from Whitesnake showed up and went out on stage to play with Furthur. Ok, now that did not seem feasible at all. "

at the very end.

i like your handle on here
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder

Re: Heard a rumor

#146427 2 years, 5 months ago
I've known a few stage hands in my day, and they're susceptible to drinking out of the wrong glass, or inhaling too much inhalants. The Whitesnake guitarist thing threw me for a major curve. The guy I mentioned said that Phil will give such people a shot and see if they can handle it, which really made me laugh. When you think of it, the idea that someone, no matter how gifted a musician, could walk out onstage and try to just play along with this band cracks me up. Ok, we're going to play C to A to D in 5/12....OK? Playing with Furthur seems the true acid test.

I've said that Furthur should immediately follow this run up with a couple Garden shows. If it's next month that's cool too, but this city is definitely hot for Furthur right now.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds