• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Re: Is their a way to stop ticket brokers???

#15163 3 years, 6 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
really cuz its my understanding that you have to show the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets plus ID how can they sell em?im not saying your wrong just cant figure out how they do it

they enter it into a computer system thing and get some sort of receipt for what they spent , walk out of the ticket broker office and when they get to the show , the seat is there for them, in their name, with their credit card , i would imagine they can do this just as easily via online purchase
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#15165 3 years, 6 months ago

these were bought directly from ticketmaster at 10:01 we were lucky
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#15171 3 years, 6 months ago
One way to stop Ticket Brokers is the larger shows that gets everyone in. Seems like that is happening this summer.

The other way is with more General Admission shows, and General Admission by section in the stands.

I always though it would be cool idea to try GA by Section, and after the doors are open and the folks are settling in, the ushers would come around and exchange ticket stubs and give you one for the seat you got, limit two. That's now your seat in the stands. It would also stop the front of liners, and backstage scammers from duct taping up 2 whole rows each before 20 folks were in the venue.

A section close on the side would still have value of course, but not as much as the first couple of rows in the section. GA floor definitely puts a damper on the resale market too.
pairdoc
Junior Boarder

#15174 3 years, 6 months ago
The band reserves a large number of tickets for themselves, to give to friends, family, etc. Usually they hold more than they need, and the unneeded ones will be released for the box office to sell on the day of the show, sometimes just a couple of hours before.
----------------------

PAIRdoc
Philadelphia, PA

"Show me a sane man, and I will cure him for you." -Carl Jung

----------------------
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#15175 3 years, 6 months ago
pairdoc wrote:
The band reserves a large number of tickets for themselves, to give to friends, family, etc. Usually they hold more than they need, and the unneeded ones will be released for the box office to sell on the day of the show, sometimes just a couple of hours before.

Sometimes as much as two weeks before too. It can vary. Promoters hold em too.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#15262 3 years, 6 months ago
I enjoyed getting three of my four tix for the end of summer tour on this website.

sadly the only one I could not get here was st augustine.. I had to pay 70 for that.. but my others were
30-40-40 which ain't not bad
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds