• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Re: Is their a way to stop ticket brokers???

#14623 3 years, 3 months ago
nope, havent been burned because i dont buy from them , ive missed some great shows because i wont buy from them but that is ok because i will not pay their stanky asses more than face value , as far as im concerned that seat can and should stay empty
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14624 3 years, 3 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
nope, havent been burned because i dont buy from them , ive missed some great shows because i wont buy from them but that is ok because i will not pay their stanky asses more than face value , as far as im concerned that seat can and should stay empty

Should we still not buy them even if the broker gets scared meaning getting close to show date and sell them for face??
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14625 3 years, 3 months ago
i did used to buy from one that charged 15 bucks over face and fees when i lived in nj, because to me this is acceptable, he was simply trying to make a living he was not gouging , unfortunately the honest side of this business is gone completely so i no longer buy from them at all, the allotment of tickets the brokers get could go as high as 40 to 60 percent depending on the draw to force a quick sell out , and the addition of an extra show due to popular demand and the second popular demand show will be the 60% to the ticket brokers forcing an even quicker tm sell out and a fan feeding frenzy to the brokers, the promoter gets a cut out of those high priced tickets so you will never get support from the promoters against the death eaters
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14627 3 years, 3 months ago
the ONLY way to stop them is to hit their wallet period because of the way the system is set up
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14628 3 years, 3 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
i did used to buy from one that charged 15 bucks over face and fees when i lived in nj, because to me this is acceptable, he was simply trying to make a living he was not gouging , unfortunately the honest side of this business is gone completely so i no longer buy from them at all, the allotment of tickets the brokers get could go as high as 40 to 60 percent depending on the draw to force a quick sell out , and the addition of an extra show due to popular demand and the second popular demand show will be the 60% to the ticket brokers forcing an even quicker tm sell out and a fan feeding frenzy to the brokers, the promoter gets a cut out of those high priced tickets so you will never get support from the promoters against the death eaters

I agree twenty over face is fine anything more is is pure greed and greed is the worst of the worst .It just a shame that this the very cause of people not going to live music anymore cause it winds up costing a ton get to go out .
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14629 3 years, 3 months ago
Should we still not buy them even if the broker gets scared meaning getting close to show date and sell them for face??

that is the idea , shut them down completely , allot of those tickets go back to TM if the broker gets scared and this creates the ticket drops that happen often before sold out shows , DO NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS AT ALL it is time someone sticks a size 50 muddy birkenstock up their ass
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14630 3 years, 3 months ago
MsJimp wrote:

that is the idea , shut them down completely , allot of those tickets go back to TM if the broker gets scared and this creates the ticket drops that happen often before sold out shows , DO NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS AT ALL it is time someone sticks a size 50 muddy birkenstock up their ass

Argeed let it be know that we can control this problem if we all stick together on this .
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#14633 3 years, 3 months ago
Before anything else, I'll go on record as saying that I don't like getting into Ticketmaster at 10:00:01 am and finding that there are no tickets to satisfy my request...

...so really the objection (mine and mine only, perhaps) is the acquisition of the tickets, not the actual pricing. What is criminal about a 440 dollar mark up as opposed to 20? Everyone has the limit of what they will and can pay for a certain event...

If a state allows reselling of any value or a certain value that isn't being exceeded, it isn't criminal...

Doesn't mean it is right or that I enjoy it, but there are plenty of things that fall into that category.

Obviously, don't give them an audience and there won't be a show, as mentioned many times above. Sound advice.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14636 3 years, 3 months ago
[quote="onthebusin03" post=14633]Before anything else, I'll go on record as saying that I don't like getting into Ticketmaster at 10:00:01 am and finding that there are no tickets to satisfy my request...

...so really the objection (mine and mine only, perhaps) is the acquisition of the tickets, not the actual pricing. What is criminal about a 440 dollar mark up as opposed to 20? Everyone has the limit of what they will and can pay for a certain event...

If a state allows reselling of any value or a certain value that isn't being exceeded, it isn't criminal...

Doesn't mean it is right or that I enjoy it, but there are plenty of things that fall into that category.

Obviously, don't give them an audience and there won't be a show, as mentioned many times above. Sound advice.[/quote
I know it was metioned many times above i am just trying get people talking about a problem that we have to deal with
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14637 3 years, 3 months ago
it is racketeering , ticket master lobbied washington to have them exempted from the racketeering law and they got their way .........they are fully aware you are being ripped off and support it and enable it , still doesnt change the fact that they are racketeering, there WILL be a show because the band gets their money if we stop buying from the scalpers it will just take a little longer the promoter to make his profit back thats all ,larger scale promoters are terribly impatient and greedy due to the way the system has become and its gotten out of control
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MsJimp. Reason: multi tasking and mistyped
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14639 3 years, 3 months ago
Greed for the all mighty dollar is alive and well , Such a sad state human kind has come too
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14642 3 years, 3 months ago
and ive been told im greedy for asking for $1 donations if people download my photos off of facebook so i can keep shooting lol

most likely the same folks that are buying tickets from scalpers
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds