• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

Re: Is their a way to stop ticket brokers???

#14636 3 years, 6 months ago
[quote="onthebusin03" post=14633]Before anything else, I'll go on record as saying that I don't like getting into Ticketmaster at 10:00:01 am and finding that there are no tickets to satisfy my request...

...so really the objection (mine and mine only, perhaps) is the acquisition of the tickets, not the actual pricing. What is criminal about a 440 dollar mark up as opposed to 20? Everyone has the limit of what they will and can pay for a certain event...

If a state allows reselling of any value or a certain value that isn't being exceeded, it isn't criminal...

Doesn't mean it is right or that I enjoy it, but there are plenty of things that fall into that category.

Obviously, don't give them an audience and there won't be a show, as mentioned many times above. Sound advice.[/quote
I know it was metioned many times above i am just trying get people talking about a problem that we have to deal with
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14637 3 years, 6 months ago
it is racketeering , ticket master lobbied washington to have them exempted from the racketeering law and they got their way .........they are fully aware you are being ripped off and support it and enable it , still doesnt change the fact that they are racketeering, there WILL be a show because the band gets their money if we stop buying from the scalpers it will just take a little longer the promoter to make his profit back thats all ,larger scale promoters are terribly impatient and greedy due to the way the system has become and its gotten out of control
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by MsJimp. Reason: multi tasking and mistyped
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14639 3 years, 6 months ago
Greed for the all mighty dollar is alive and well , Such a sad state human kind has come too
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14642 3 years, 6 months ago
and ive been told im greedy for asking for $1 donations if people download my photos off of facebook so i can keep shooting lol

most likely the same folks that are buying tickets from scalpers
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14645 3 years, 6 months ago
there is a diiferance between covering cost and flat out greed
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#14668 3 years, 6 months ago
Everyone has their own limit of what is acceptable as far as an income/profit. And obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter. Greed to you is sound business practices to ensure a steady revenue to another.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14680 3 years, 6 months ago
onthebusin03 wrote:
Everyone has their own limit of what is acceptable as far as an income/profit. And obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter. Greed to you is sound business practices to ensure a steady revenue to another.

At Lease i know that i can sleep good at night knowing that i would never rip someone off like that and as far as good busniess practices making a customer happy is way more important and then making as much as you can squeeze out of someone Treat them nice and they are more likely to come back to do more busniess making you more down the line
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#14683 3 years, 6 months ago
That's fine, and trust me, I'm not saying I'm loving Ticketmaster, or that I want to champion their good deeds to the masses.

Do I use Ticketmaster? Absolutely. Do I feel okay about it? Sure, but it isn't exactly a high priority item for me.

Others? It is, and they make their choice to use it or not. Meanwhile, Ticketmaster is offering a service, and millions of people choose to use it. Each individual is free to make their own conclusions about it...

:shrug:

That's about as far as I go with it.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14687 3 years, 6 months ago
onthebusin03 wrote:
That's fine, and trust me, I'm not saying I'm loving Ticketmaster, or that I want to champion their good deeds to the masses.

Do I use Ticketmaster? Absolutely. Do I feel okay about it? Sure, but it isn't exactly a high priority item for me.

Others? It is, and they make their choice to use it or not. Meanwhile, Ticketmaster is offering a service, and millions of people choose to use it. Each individual is free to make their own conclusions about it...

:shrug:

That's about as far as I go with it.

I do thank you for your input it's the only way we anywhere , But it's the brocker that charges 440.00 overface that im concerned about ,not paying ten dollars in fees that ticketmaster charges .
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#14691 3 years, 6 months ago
Now that I personally won't do, but then again I'm not making seven figures a year. It's easy for me to avoid that sector of the ticket market when you can't even seriously consider it.

People that do though, they have the money, they decide if 440 or 500 bucks is worth it. It's pretty much on a path that can't be stopped without some sort of intervention, legally or otherwise.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds