• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

Re: Is their a way to stop ticket brokers???

#14616 3 years, 4 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
Grateful fredhead wrote:
Maybe the band needs to step in and take action ? any other ideas?

THERE IS NOTHING THE BAND CAN DO OTHER THAN SELL 100% OF THEIR OWN TICKETS WHICH WOULD END THEM BEING ABLE TO TOUR DUE TO THE TM CONNECTION WITH THE VENUES

ONCE TM HANDS OFF THE TICKETS TO THEIR AUTHORIZED BROKERS THEY NO LONGER "OWN THE TICKETS" THE ONLY WAY TO GET THE BROKERS OUT OF THE DEAL IS A MASS REFUSAL TO PURCHASE TICKETS FROM THEM , THE BROKERS HAVE THE TICKETS IN HAND BEFORE THEY GO ON SALE DIRECTLY FROM TICKET MASTER AND THE PROMOTERS DEPEND ON THE CUTS FROM THE BROKERS TO FLOAT THE SHOW , IF PEOPLE DO NOT BUY FROM THE BROKERS THE BROKERS WILL BE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN THE BAND AND THINGS WILL TAKE A MORE HONEST TURN IN HOW THE SHOWS ARE PUT ON IF YOU SEE TO IT THAT THE BROKERS TAKE A BATH ON THEIR INVESTMENT THAT WILL BE THE END OF THEIR INVOLVEMENT , GDTS AND FRONT GATE WOULD GET A LARGER ALLOTMENT OF TICKETS TO SELL AND THINGS WILL BE BETTER , IT IS JUST HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SATISFACTION UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO START SITTING OUT SHOWS THAT HAVE GONE TO THE BROKERS, IT IS AN AMAZING SIGHT TO SEE A" SOLD OUT" SHOW THAT HAS UNDER A HALF FULL HOUSE WHEN PEOPLE WILL NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS WHICH IS WHAT THEY ARE, BROKER IS FAR TOO KIND , I PREFER .......FOUL

MOUTH BREATHING

SCUMBAG

FUCKHEAD

SONS OF BITCHES

Sounds like you been burned before
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14619 3 years, 4 months ago
How can one find how many tickets go to these brokers ?
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14623 3 years, 4 months ago
nope, havent been burned because i dont buy from them , ive missed some great shows because i wont buy from them but that is ok because i will not pay their stanky asses more than face value , as far as im concerned that seat can and should stay empty
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14624 3 years, 4 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
nope, havent been burned because i dont buy from them , ive missed some great shows because i wont buy from them but that is ok because i will not pay their stanky asses more than face value , as far as im concerned that seat can and should stay empty

Should we still not buy them even if the broker gets scared meaning getting close to show date and sell them for face??
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14625 3 years, 4 months ago
i did used to buy from one that charged 15 bucks over face and fees when i lived in nj, because to me this is acceptable, he was simply trying to make a living he was not gouging , unfortunately the honest side of this business is gone completely so i no longer buy from them at all, the allotment of tickets the brokers get could go as high as 40 to 60 percent depending on the draw to force a quick sell out , and the addition of an extra show due to popular demand and the second popular demand show will be the 60% to the ticket brokers forcing an even quicker tm sell out and a fan feeding frenzy to the brokers, the promoter gets a cut out of those high priced tickets so you will never get support from the promoters against the death eaters
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14627 3 years, 4 months ago
the ONLY way to stop them is to hit their wallet period because of the way the system is set up
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14628 3 years, 4 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
i did used to buy from one that charged 15 bucks over face and fees when i lived in nj, because to me this is acceptable, he was simply trying to make a living he was not gouging , unfortunately the honest side of this business is gone completely so i no longer buy from them at all, the allotment of tickets the brokers get could go as high as 40 to 60 percent depending on the draw to force a quick sell out , and the addition of an extra show due to popular demand and the second popular demand show will be the 60% to the ticket brokers forcing an even quicker tm sell out and a fan feeding frenzy to the brokers, the promoter gets a cut out of those high priced tickets so you will never get support from the promoters against the death eaters

I agree twenty over face is fine anything more is is pure greed and greed is the worst of the worst .It just a shame that this the very cause of people not going to live music anymore cause it winds up costing a ton get to go out .
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14629 3 years, 4 months ago
Should we still not buy them even if the broker gets scared meaning getting close to show date and sell them for face??

that is the idea , shut them down completely , allot of those tickets go back to TM if the broker gets scared and this creates the ticket drops that happen often before sold out shows , DO NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS AT ALL it is time someone sticks a size 50 muddy birkenstock up their ass
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14630 3 years, 4 months ago
MsJimp wrote:

that is the idea , shut them down completely , allot of those tickets go back to TM if the broker gets scared and this creates the ticket drops that happen often before sold out shows , DO NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS AT ALL it is time someone sticks a size 50 muddy birkenstock up their ass

Argeed let it be know that we can control this problem if we all stick together on this .
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#14633 3 years, 4 months ago
Before anything else, I'll go on record as saying that I don't like getting into Ticketmaster at 10:00:01 am and finding that there are no tickets to satisfy my request...

...so really the objection (mine and mine only, perhaps) is the acquisition of the tickets, not the actual pricing. What is criminal about a 440 dollar mark up as opposed to 20? Everyone has the limit of what they will and can pay for a certain event...

If a state allows reselling of any value or a certain value that isn't being exceeded, it isn't criminal...

Doesn't mean it is right or that I enjoy it, but there are plenty of things that fall into that category.

Obviously, don't give them an audience and there won't be a show, as mentioned many times above. Sound advice.
Time to create page: 1.07 seconds