• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

Is their a way to stop ticket brokers???

#14598 3 years, 6 months ago
Because taking tickets away from fans and then selling at a huge markup is a in my opinion a crime , I mean there are brokers selling a 60.00 dollar ticket for 500.00 dollars That is just pure greed at it worst . Something has to be done . Scalping is illegal and there is no differance in scalping and brokering , so why is ok and other not ??? Any thoughts
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

Re: Is their a way to stop ticket brokers???

#14599 3 years, 6 months ago
It depends on the state, but reselling of tickets is legal in most places with varying degrees of specific regulations. StubHub, for the most part, is perfectly legal.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14600 3 years, 6 months ago
dont buy from them and remind others not to buy from them, it may mean you miss a show or two but these foul mouth breather fuckhead scumbag sons of bitches are only motivated by money and if they are left with piles of tickets they will avoid furthur like the plague DO

NOT

BUY

FROM

THEM

AND

THEY

WILL

GO

AWAY
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by MsJimp. Reason: FORMATTING ISSUES
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14602 3 years, 6 months ago
Brooklyn Jimmy wrote:
It depends on the state, but reselling of tickets is legal in most places with varying degrees of specific regulations. StubHub, for the most part, is perfectly legal.

I understand that but at such high resale is a crime come on a 60.00 ticket then turn around and sell it for 500.00 something is way out of wack here .
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#14603 3 years, 6 months ago
MSJimp is wise, it is up to us to stop giving these people our money, they will not go away until the cash dries up.
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14604 3 years, 6 months ago
Maybe the band needs to step in and take action ? any other ideas?
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14605 3 years, 6 months ago
miss the show

DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM THEM

LEAVE THEM OUT IN THE COLD

ON THEIR INVESTMENT

IF THEY LOSE ENOUGH MONEY

THEY WILL NOT BE BACK
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#14607 3 years, 6 months ago
Look I agree it's shitty and often infuriating, but that's pure capitalism right there. Brokers lose money as often as they make it. All of those Charlie Sheen Radio City tickets they gobbled up were going for about half of face value.

They're going to charge what people will pay, and like Ms. Jimp says, the only way to combat them is to not buy from them, and influence others to not do so.

For the most parts, bands don't care, they've already got their money.

Would you rather Ticketmaster was an auction site?
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#14609 3 years, 6 months ago
Brooklyn Jimmy wrote:
Look I agree it's shitty and often infuriating, but that's pure capitalism right there. Brokers lose money as often as they make it. All of those Charlie Sheen Radio City tickets they gobbled up were going for about half of face value.

They're going to charge what people will pay, and like Ms. Jimp says, the only way to combat them is to not buy from them, and influence others to not do so.

For the most parts, bands don't care, they've already got their money.

Would you rather Ticketmaster was an auction site?

Look i see your point my main problem is the amount of profit buy at 60.00 then resell at 500.00 That's a 440.00 profit this is not the stock market ANd it's not what the people pay because they set the price even before they resell their frist ticket
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#14613 3 years, 6 months ago
Grateful fredhead wrote:
Maybe the band needs to step in and take action ? any other ideas?

THERE IS NOTHING THE BAND CAN DO OTHER THAN SELL 100% OF THEIR OWN TICKETS WHICH WOULD END THEM BEING ABLE TO TOUR DUE TO THE TM CONNECTION WITH THE VENUES

ONCE TM HANDS OFF THE TICKETS TO THEIR AUTHORIZED BROKERS THEY NO LONGER "OWN THE TICKETS" THE ONLY WAY TO GET THE BROKERS OUT OF THE DEAL IS A MASS REFUSAL TO PURCHASE TICKETS FROM THEM , THE BROKERS HAVE THE TICKETS IN HAND BEFORE THEY GO ON SALE DIRECTLY FROM TICKET MASTER AND THE PROMOTERS DEPEND ON THE CUTS FROM THE BROKERS TO FLOAT THE SHOW , IF PEOPLE DO NOT BUY FROM THE BROKERS THE BROKERS WILL BE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN THE BAND AND THINGS WILL TAKE A MORE HONEST TURN IN HOW THE SHOWS ARE PUT ON IF YOU SEE TO IT THAT THE BROKERS TAKE A BATH ON THEIR INVESTMENT THAT WILL BE THE END OF THEIR INVOLVEMENT , GDTS AND FRONT GATE WOULD GET A LARGER ALLOTMENT OF TICKETS TO SELL AND THINGS WILL BE BETTER , IT IS JUST HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SATISFACTION UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO START SITTING OUT SHOWS THAT HAVE GONE TO THE BROKERS, IT IS AN AMAZING SIGHT TO SEE A" SOLD OUT" SHOW THAT HAS UNDER A HALF FULL HOUSE WHEN PEOPLE WILL NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS WHICH IS WHAT THEY ARE, BROKER IS FAR TOO KIND , I PREFER .......FOUL

MOUTH BREATHING

SCUMBAG

FUCKHEAD

SONS OF BITCHES
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds