• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

Is Furthur losing steam??

#144806 2 years, 5 months ago
Been reading some poor reviews of the tour and from what I've heard I'd have to agree. The tempos are DRAGGING and JK seems almost inaudible in the mix at times. I'm wondering if they're nearing the end of the project, especially with Bobby and Phil starting so many new ventures. Been having a blast with this band (for the most part) and hope they can start adding some punch again to the music!
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Is Furthur losing steam??

#144808 2 years, 5 months ago
I was there last night and thought the energy level was amazing.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: mattgill
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#144810 2 years, 5 months ago
I overheard Bob and Phil saying the exact same thing in the locker room this morning.

WOW you really have your finger on the pulse

Only question I have for you is which shows were you at so far this tour?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by ecojaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, mattgill, kevin, doin_that_rag, Wundurland
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#144811 2 years, 5 months ago
LOL
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, Wundurland
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#144814 2 years, 5 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
I overheard Bob and Phil saying the exact same thing in the locker room this morning.

Haven't seen any yet this tour, but have seen 20+ so far and what I've heard from this tour seems flat. Don't take it so personally, I love the band but am finding something lacking at recent shows.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#144815 2 years, 5 months ago
Not in my opinion. I was only at Saturday and Monday. I wasn't blown away Monday. When I relistened to some of it, I realized just how good t his band is and how much they are spoiling us. If Monday was an "off night", good lord these guys are good!! Saturday was off the freakin chain and last night sounded great from what I have heard so far. I actually think their tempos have been spot n for this tour so far, even on some tunes where i normally wish they would pick it up a little.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#144816 2 years, 5 months ago
Monday night seemed a little flat, only hearing it from afar, but other than that they've sounded incredible. Bob seems in wonderful voice, JK is stretching his wings much more, and together they've sounded happy and cohesive to me. So aside from that one show, nope I think they're moving full steam ahead!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, bokb
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#144819 2 years, 5 months ago
I agree that certain songs have been taking on that mellow Ratdog-ish tempo, but to be honest, check out virtually any '90's performance of "He's Gone," "Tennessee Jed" or any of the ballads. My god, they were tortuously dirge-like! I feel we really need to keep perspective.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#144822 2 years, 5 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
ecojaded wrote:

Haven't seen any yet this tour, but have seen 20+ so far and what I've heard from this tour seems flat. Don't take it so personally, I love the band but am finding something lacking at recent shows.

yeah i'd say that you need a better stereo and louder volume! monday was a great set but 'flat' in comparison to the 3 nights prior which were off the hook and if you can call a superb night of music flat then it was probably the stream you were listening too. I'm glad I don't have your ears and get to enjoy these incredible shows we've been having. I've been to a massive number of Furthur shows and been to the first 3 in Oakland so I feel confident when I say that this is one of the better tours that has come up recently as far as musicality and everyone in the band being on more or less the same page in transitions and jam space
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#144824 2 years, 5 months ago
unless you heard it first hand it's seems misguided to pass judgement passed on an internet stream that does not capture the dynamics of the live show
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds