• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

Is this a discussion board or a suggestion box?

#1418 3 years, 4 months ago
The place just went live a few days ago and 75% of the threads here are people suggesting that the band do this or that, play this or that, this board needs to do this and that, play this or play that, Hey Phil why don't you do this or do that, Furthur should be doing this and not that or maybe we can start writing set lists and then maybe they will do it this way or that way...This ain't freakin' Burger King people it's a discussion board where people discuss things.

EVERYBODY has an idea LOL. Do you honestly, seriously think that the admins here and the band members are sitting around taking notes on what YOU think they should do? People seem to forget that this music has been going strong for nearly half a century...why do people think they can start dictating what the band should do now? People need to CHILLAX and let this new place flow naturally...

They are moderators and band members they are not your Politicians trying to appease your every need just to get your votes. Silly Deadheads....freakin' relax, sit back and enjoy the ride and leave the damn BUS DRIVERS the hell alone. LMAO! This is a cool place and all but enough with the ASS GLITTER and the HEY, DO IT MY WAY attitude. These guys are professionals...remember? GET YOUR HEADS OUTTA THEIR ASSES AND TURN ON YOUR LOVELIGHT.

That is all.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strummer101er
OkieDokie
Junior Boarder

Re: Is this a discussion board or a suggestion box?

#1422 3 years, 4 months ago
Wow !!! i think you should CHILLAXXXXX !!!!!!!! This is a Discussion board! People are going to Post whatever topics they want!!!! And yeah....I'm sure Phil and Bobby wanna hear what we have to say...I do think they will drop by from time to time to see what ther fans chattin bout! Peace!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by OkieDokie.
Easy Jim
Fresh Boarder

#1423 3 years, 4 months ago
lol
OkieDokie
Junior Boarder

#1425 3 years, 4 months ago
Phil PLAY RIPPLE tomorrow!!!! PS dont bring Warren out!!! PLEASE
jerry me
Fresh Boarder

#1427 3 years, 4 months ago
Okie wrote:
. Do you honestly, seriously think that the band members are sitting around taking notes on what YOU think they should do?

I sure hope so.
OkieDokie
Junior Boarder

#1430 3 years, 4 months ago
jerry me wrote:
Okie wrote:
. Do you honestly, seriously think that the band members are sitting around taking notes on what YOU think they should do?

I sure hope so.

I think they RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#1435 3 years, 4 months ago
OkieDokie wrote:
This is a Discussion board! People are going to Post whatever topics they want!!!! And yeah....I'm sure Phil and Bobby wanna hear what we have to say.

You are correct, it is a "discussion board" not a suggestion box. I see nowhere in any of the welcome messages anything that reads "tell us what to do" or "how do you think we should run this forum" or "the band needs assistance in how to be a band" They do stuff and we discuss it...I mean, correct me if I am wrong but I really don't think this discussion board was started so that a bunch of people could come here and try to tell Furthur how to be Furthur. There is a thread up top for questions and comments on the board and the way it runs I don't think we need multiple threads on a daily basis telling them what YOU think they should do. Negative karma my ass all you want but I doubt you'd want someone coming into your new house tryin' to tell you what to do or what music to play on the stereo. lol
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: lastleaffallen, Nupsdog
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#1441 3 years, 4 months ago
I hope no one around here thinks they can tell the band what to do. Probably wouldn't be a good idea. Anyone who's followed the Dead for a while surely knows that all the members are independent minded in the extreme. And life is that much better for it.

But this forum is unique in that the band does have some personal involvement. So I'd say it is reasonable to expect that if people have requests or questions this would be the place to bring them up.

Of course, there's a big difference between making a point and grinding an axe...
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#2016 3 years, 4 months ago
lets all band together with our list of demands........
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#2035 3 years, 4 months ago
You tell em Okie. :0)

Chicago should be living proof they read the boards. ;0)
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds