• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: What does it mean to be a Deadhead & are you one?

#14438 3 years, 3 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
Yeah, I'm most definitely a deadhead.

Straight folk I can't help you ~ there isn't a store that sells "hippie outfits"
Those are just my clothes.

So many times I've been stopped in public and asked "Are you hippies?" and "Are you in a show? Why are you dressed up?" and the all time winner "Are you in the circus?"
No these are just my regular clothes and yes I made them myself
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#14442 3 years, 3 months ago
I'd say your a Deadhead as long as your into the music - and not there for the party.

I'm definitly a deadhead.
Scottr1966
Junior Boarder

#14443 3 years, 3 months ago
For me it was Anthem of The Sun. Just the right frame of mind and that album. Acid bond forever.
"The bus came by and I got on..."
CinnamonGirl53
Junior Boarder

#14480 3 years, 3 months ago
Canyon wrote:
I think a Deadhead is anyone that loves the music of the Grateful Dead and yes I am proud to be one...

Agree. Since Wembley 1972. So blessed to still be able to see some of the remaining members at a Further concert!
*pict groover*
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14483 3 years, 3 months ago
If the head fits, wear it
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#14496 3 years, 3 months ago
when i discovered the dead, i was searching for something my whole life; and didn't know it.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#14497 3 years, 3 months ago
I was thinking about this throughout the day... In reference to the idea that people, such as Shakin, are no longer Deadheads because they've 'moved' onto something else... I kinda look at it in teh same vain as the self actualization theory in psychology. Each person must take certain steps and acheive certain milestones in life to really find themselves. Some complete the journey, some never really start. Alogn the way there are different 'phases' people go through. For me, part of the end phase is being a Deadhead. For people like Shakin, that's not where their journey ended. Their end phase was taking it 'furthur', if you will. Instead of jsut listening to music, shakin, you decided to make your own music, thus your end phase was 'musician'....

But, in the end, its still all pointless labels. I tend to use them to make it easier for others to understand my existence. Tis why we do generalize so much... its hard to really get to knwo people before judging. So much easier ot base it on stereotypes.
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#14769 3 years, 3 months ago
Just a human being...

Everything else is irrelevant...
St. Stevie
Fresh Boarder

#14793 3 years, 3 months ago
Olompali wrote:
One is a Deadhead if the Grateful Dead is your favorite rock band.
That's it.

Yes, I am a Deadhead.

To a point but I think you also have to look a bit deeper and make part of the definition being able to fully connect with the music at every level. Each of the 100's of different versions of the 1000+ songs they've played have defined a specific vibe, emotion, mood and energy at the time it was played.
Wearing hoodies, sporting stickers and tattoos and claiming driving that train and I will get by are your favorite songs only makes you a poser and a DooSh. Live it and feel it.
Remember, there's a lot of lawyers, doctors, ceo's and politicians etc. who are proud Dead Heads but their one hitters don't need to have a Stealie on it.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14873 3 years, 3 months ago
4hours 20 since last post
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds