• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

What does it mean to be a Deadhead & are you one?

#14084 3 years ago
My opinion: A deadhead is a fan of the Grateful Dead who defines themselves by that fact. I was one from the late '70's thru 2003. I identified myself as such. The GD were the focal point of my life (with the exception of from around 1990 thru 1994 when cocaine and crack became the focal point). They were the soundtrack and my travel agent. Since July 2003 playing music has become the focal point of my life and I now identify myself as a musician.

How about you?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: What does it mean to be a Deadhead & are you one?

#14121 3 years ago
I call myself a "head". Didn't get to tour with the GD but the music/vibe is what I'm all about. I'm not affraid to say I MISSED Jerry and consider myself a Deadhead...
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#14130 3 years ago
I'm a Deadhead. Got a nice stealy tattoo on my leg, and glad I'll have to stare at it forever! its all my Dad's fault... Stupid hippie

NOW, as for what it means... I know it probably takes some degree of dedication and obsession to be a Deadhead. I know I wear nothing but tye dyes, drive around in a car that has GD stickers wearing a GD hoodie listenign to the GD. I have something GD related in EVERY room of my haus, from gold record (workingmans dead) to posters to tapestrys, to even a dry erase stealy on my fridge.

But, as for you Shakin, I think its a personal decision on what you label yerself. I'd like to say "once a Deadhead, always a Deadhead" but I know in some cases people grow and move on to the next thing, ya know? I'ma lifer, though. My Dad's a lifer, so I dun see me cahnging anytime soon.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14132 3 years ago
It's a head beyond description
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14136 3 years ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
I'm a Deadhead. Got a nice stealy tattoo on my leg, and glad I'll have to stare at it forever! its all my Dad's fault... Stupid hippie

NOW, as for what it means... I know it probably takes some degree of dedication and obsession to be a Deadhead. I know I wear nothing but tye dyes, drive around in a car that has GD stickers wearing a GD hoodie listenign to the GD. I have something GD related in EVERY room of my haus, from gold record (workingmans dead) to posters to tapestrys, to even a dry erase stealy on my fridge.

But, as for you Shakin, I think its a personal decision on what you label yerself. I'd like to say "once a Deadhead, always a Deadhead" but I know in some cases people grow and move on to the next thing, ya know? I'ma lifer, though. My Dad's a lifer, so I dun see me cahnging anytime soon.
[attachment:1]

Here is our dead vanC:\fakepath\004.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments:
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#14156 3 years ago
>>NOW, as for what it means... I know it probably takes some degree of dedication and obsession to be a Deadhead. I know I wear nothing but tye dyes, drive around in a car that has GD stickers wearing a GD hoodie listenign to the GD. I have something GD related in EVERY room of my haus, from gold record (workingmans dead) to posters to tapestrys, to even a dry erase stealy on my fridge.

That's how things were for me in the '80's.

>>But, as for you Shakin, I think its a personal decision on what you label yerself. I'd like to say "once a Deadhead, always a Deadhead" but I know in some cases people grow and move on to the next thing, ya know? I'ma lifer, though. My Dad's a lifer, so I dun see me cahnging anytime soon.

I still love the music. I play with several GD tribute bands and it is among the finest music there is. Possibly, if I hadn't started playing and touring with P-Funk and as a result getting all these other music gigs, I would still classify myself as a Deadhead and be following Furthur around.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14163 3 years ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
>>NOW, as for what it means... I know it probably takes some degree of dedication and obsession to be a Deadhead. I know I wear nothing but tye dyes, drive around in a car that has GD stickers wearing a GD hoodie listenign to the GD. I have something GD related in EVERY room of my haus, from gold record (workingmans dead) to posters to tapestrys, to even a dry erase stealy on my fridge.

That's how things were for me in the '80's.

>>But, as for you Shakin, I think its a personal decision on what you label yerself. I'd like to say "once a Deadhead, always a Deadhead" but I know in some cases people grow and move on to the next thing, ya know? I'ma lifer, though. My Dad's a lifer, so I dun see me cahnging anytime soon.

I still love the music. I play with several GD tribute bands and it is among the finest music there is. Possibly, if I hadn't started playing and touring with P-Funk and as a result getting all these other music gigs, I would still classify myself as a Deadhead and be following Furthur around.

You are still a head...you just can't do tour at the moment
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#14166 3 years ago
I think a Deadhead is anyone that loves the music of the Grateful Dead and yes I am proud to be one...
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, CinnamonGirl53, Abba
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#14167 3 years ago
>>You are still a head...you just can't do tour at the moment

I can do the Furthur tour if I wanted. I have no desire to do so. If I am going to go out on the road I will do so to play music and I can do that as often as I could go on Furthur tour. P-Funk plays a lot of shows.

I have no desire to follow any band around to go audient their shows. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. Rather stay home and play music in my living room.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#14168 3 years ago
Canyon wrote:
I think a Deadhead is anyone that loves the music of the Grateful Dead and yes I am proud to be one...

Seconded !
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds