• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Whos never been to Red Rocks?

#139762 2 years, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^

That seems like a hell of a deal - $132 for a suite at the Marriot?? That's about as close as you can get to RR as well .. right off 6th Ave. It's funny they consider that to be Golden. I would call it Lakewood. I agree there's not much going on in Lakewood but Golden is a cool little town. You can even visit Coors

I usually take the hotel approach of reserve it if there is a good price and then cancel if you don't want it later. Easier then trying to find a good deal at the last minute. Just have to remember to cancel!

TownePlace Suites is the "lower end" of the Marriott chain but totally adequate and I like having a kitchen -- saves a lot on food & drink! They have some sort of free cheapo breakfast but we were never awake early enough to see what it was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#139767 2 years, 5 months ago
I need to get there, its on the bucket list. Next year for my 40th I hope to hit the west up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#139798 2 years, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I think closer is better myself, enless I drive there personally since I'm always good to go with driving for at least a few hours after a show.... I only do that for convenience and to save $ though and I wont be driving to Red Rocks so closer will definitley work better for me there.

as far as I see it, it wont matter much how plain or boring the area the hotel is in since we (or at least I) will be up for a while after the show and by the time morning comes (maybe noon in this case) it will almost be tim,e to head back to the rocks and hang out in the lot (enless they don't open to early)...

that's just the way I'm looking at it, I'll probably take a plane home ASAP the day after the shows to - I bet a lot of you are planning on staying a little extra for site seeing and what not

One of the best things - RR opens really early. You'll still be sleeping
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#139836 2 years, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^

That seems like a hell of a deal - $132 for a suite at the Marriot?? That's about as close as you can get to RR as well .. right off 6th Ave. It's funny they consider that to be Golden. I would call it Lakewood. I agree there's not much going on in Lakewood but Golden is a cool little town. You can even visit Coors

we stayed off 6th ave last year, golden is a straight shot down the road, we went to the top of Lookout mountain the first night we were in town after touring the fine establishments of downtown Golden, GREAT VIEWS, I think there is the gravesite of a famous dead baseball player at the top? Boulder seemed like more of a drive, probably at least twice as far as Lakewood/Golden area, but a cool day trip (although Pikes Peak is an awesome pre show trip, plan on 6-7 hours, drive included)
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by kevin.
Cosmicdavid
Junior Boarder
If you get confused listen to the music play!

#140084 2 years, 5 months ago
Thanks Denver Man! Much appreciated brother! We had an awesome neighbor who was letting us piggyback wireless off of his signal for ten dollars a month and he has since relocated for his job so we are getting comcast turned on at our house here soon. We just got a new vehicle so that took priority over our internet worries. Over at the in-laws right now so the wife can work on homework and I try and hop on here to see how my FFF is doing and I'm glad to see all is well
Don't know if I will be participating in the suite venture but we do need to have the flag flying in a good spot in the lot for us all to convene upon. I have friends from California driving out for the show as well so this will definitely be a fun gathering of the heads for sure! Can't wait to see everyone soon * Hold our hands up and pray for autumn tour date announcements!*
Love you guys talk to you soon!
CosmicDavid
Carlsbad, Bedford, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos, Escondido, Ukiah, Woodland Park, Manitou Springs....and that's just the locations over the past 7 years! How many more places will David and Family reside?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#140091 2 years, 5 months ago
hey dave you lived in ukiah? i live near there. swillits and ukiah brew com are fun. ever go to earthdance/katewolf?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#140571 2 years, 5 months ago
So Umphrey's McGee and Railroad Earth are playing Sept 14th and as already mentioned someone else on Sept 28th. That leaves the 21-23 W I D E open!! I wonder if they can put a down deposit or something like that to reserve RR (or any venue) without officially announcing they are playing there?? It would be interesting to understand how the business part works.

Not to overlook that RRE at RR is pretty sweeeet!! They're also playing the Boulder Theatre the night before

I also grabbed a 3rd row seat for CSN at RR in August. That will be super killer summer/fall is looking more and more fun every day!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Poles
Expert Boarder

#140575 2 years, 5 months ago
If you can get the breakfast included at the Denver West Marriott it is well worth it. booking.com is where i got the best deal and breakfast was included.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#140577 2 years, 5 months ago
anybody consider a place in Idaho Springs? Not that far away, and you have Tommyknockers there, plus all the amenities you need.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#140582 2 years, 5 months ago
funky420 wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
I'd rather go and see them at the Gorge. I saw the Dead/ABB/Doobie Brothers show there as a tour closer and it was remarkable. Imagine sitting on the edge of the something that looks like a part of the grand canyon and hearing dead tunes blasting across the universe! Mickey and Billy playing off the gorge was a highlight of the night!! I hope Furthur plays the gorge in george for sure!!

I was at that show, and yes it was amazing! I thought the Doobies were especially good, considering I wasn't expecting much they blew me away.

Ok, having been to the Gorge and Red Rocks I'll tell you that Red Rocks wins by a few yards, maybe umpteen. The Gorge is in the middle of nowhere, literally. It is very beautiful and I wish everyone can see it sometime. Red Rocks on the other hand lives up to all its hype. We all know where it is, and could probably find it on a map blind folded.

I left Denver 12 years ago, and lived there 9 years. It's a great city. I would not stay at the Marriot, as it's in the middle of a suburban nowhere. I'd opt for downtown Denver (although a bit spendy), Golden (cool town) or Idaho Springs (up in the hills yet still close by). One thing nice about Idaho Springs is close proximity to Mt. Evans, and for those willing, it's a cool place (literallly) to do what the locals like to do, get high.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds