• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Poles
Expert Boarder

Re: Whos never been to Red Rocks?

#140599 2 years, 6 months ago
The Marriott is, essentially in a suburban nowhere, but there are several eateries across the highway. It is also essentially on Rt. 70 which allows for easy access to just about anywhere. Denver is really nice but its a good half hour ride from RR and depending on what time you get out of RR it could be more. From Marriot,t Denver approx 25 mins, Golden 10 mins, RR 10 mins, and Boulder 35mins. There are nicer hotels out there but the convenience of it are worth it. Hope it all comes to fruiton and I can escape Jersey for the Rockies again this year.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#140615 2 years, 6 months ago
THey shall play Red Rocks and the GOrge,a nd i shall be at both, so let it be written so let it be done.
i have no idea if those sept. dates are acurate, but they seem kinda right, the boys use an astologer to scedual places like RR, so they can optimize the energy. i wonder when the full moon falls in sept?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#140617 2 years, 6 months ago
22 is the fall equinox, so i would bet these dates are correct. book jerriot now. start savin money... buy xtra tickets...for me...i cant wait to see if this happens or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#140624 2 years, 6 months ago
will work for doses wrote:
anybody consider a place in Idaho Springs? Not that far away, and you have Tommyknockers there, plus all the amenities you need.

Idaho Springs ... interesting suggestion!! Tommy Knockers and the original Beau Jo's Pizza..

Doses - Where did you live in Denver?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: will work for doses
Chester
More or less in line

#140633 2 years, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
anybody consider a place in Idaho Springs? Not that far away, and you have Tommyknockers there, plus all the amenities you need.

Idaho Springs ... interesting suggestion!! Tommy Knockers and the original Beau Jo's Pizza..

That looks wonderful, but I don't want to make that drive daily. You Colorado folks are sounding like tour guides now.
I'm for the closest, nicest, most reasonable accommodations possible. That seems like were zeroing in on Golden. Probably
should form a search committee soon. I will plan for some extra time, before and after for sight seeing.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#140697 2 years, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

Always on the west side; 34th/Sheridan (Could hear the old Elitch's all day in the summer),
Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Golden and Lakewood.

How about you Denver Man?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#140947 2 years, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

Always on the west side; 34th/Sheridan (Could hear the old Elitch's all day in the summer),

My grandmother rest her soul lived on 38th and Sheridan.

I grew up in way NW Arvada right outside of Boulder. Lived in Durango for 5 years going to college down there, then I lived in Captiol Hill for a bunch of years and now live about 10 minutes south of UNC the last 10 years.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#140949 2 years, 6 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Denver Man wrote:

My grandmother rest her soul lived on 38th and Sheridan.

I grew up in way NW Arvada right outside of Boulder. Lived in Durango for 5 years going to college down there, then I lived in Captiol Hill for a bunch of years and now live about 10 minutes south of UNC the last 10 years.

38th and Sheridan is where the King Stupor's was we shopped at occasionally. Durango, not a bad place to live at all.

Capitol Hill........you didn't happen to live on Poet's row did you?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#140952 2 years, 6 months ago
^^ A tad east of Poets - 12th and Downing right next to cricket on the hill (I'm not even sure if that place is still around)
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#140954 2 years, 6 months ago
Cricket on the Hill.....was that a cyber cafe/bar? Seems I remember going there around '99 if it's the same place
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds