• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: what goes on here?

#13872 3 years, 4 months ago
didn't mean to freak you out Jimmy.I don't now how to describe it except to say people who loved the vibe and energy of a Dead show before we all grew up and became jaded and cynical.I guess I have Peter Pan syndrome as I feel I have not grown up to become so bitter and mean to people
Lynx
Visitor

#13874 3 years, 4 months ago
kfender... they're just trying to get a rise out of you/us. Don't let them. You are 100% right in everything you said.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#13875 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx wrote:
kfender... they're just trying to get a rise out of you. Don't let them. You are 100% right in everything you said.

I am in no way attempting to get a rise out of anyone. I've read that phrase in like 10 different threads, and it freaks me out.

I appreciate your clarification kfender, and I generally agree. "Like minded people" sounds way too dogmatic and bullshitty to me.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#13877 3 years, 4 months ago
I can't speak for kfender, jimmy, but I think by "like minded people" he meant people who are fans of the music of the Grateful Dead... not Borg-like automatons. But I think you are plenty smart enough to realize that and are just pretending to have taken it as more.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#13879 3 years, 4 months ago
Fair enough Mwoods, it's just a phrase that strikes a nerve, and always has: the assumption that people who like the music must subscribe to some other dogma whatever that may be. Seen it too many times, and know it has no basis in reality.
Jughead
Fresh Boarder

#13881 3 years, 4 months ago
Hi Nick
kfender
Gold Boarder

#13889 3 years, 4 months ago
I am not trying to say that we have to subscribe to anything at all.I am my own person and don't blindly follow anyone or anything.I merely like to discuss the music I love without resorting to name calling or a deader than thou attitude.Too many people on the zone resort to spiteful rhetoric just to envoke a reaction and think of themselves as famous because everybody knows their name or something.Then hikingman comes here and tries to act like he's not one of them.I have enough friends and don't need to be aqccepted by these people.Anyone who feels the same way I do I would love to be friends with
The following user(s) said Thank You: Creeker, Confusions Prince, Abba, JOE DANGLE, MWoods
hikingman
Fresh Boarder

#13919 3 years, 4 months ago
Hiker is a fraud! He will burn in hell for this! I am the one and only Hikingman!
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#13944 3 years, 4 months ago
Creeker wrote:
you left?

Stay away man....I think it would be better for everyone

You little act wont fly here

and besides that little guy.....these are deadheads......

how does your little act of beating woman, stealing their drugs and swindling other women out of money to hide you work out here Creekhead?
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#13945 3 years, 4 months ago
>>>>>>>jeeziz, nick, same schtick on a different board? i gave you more credit than that. it wasn't even funny back there...

just like you Mandy
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13946 3 years, 4 months ago
anyone ever done The Applacian Trail?
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#13956 3 years, 4 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
anyone ever done The Applacian Trail?

No but I read a good book on it recently. I think it was by Bill Bryson. Can't recall the title right now.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds