• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please dont REMOVE the OBAMA sticker

#14105 3 years, 6 months ago
Anyone can make a list...that's not discussing..

Obama as president..

- Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
-Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
-Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information
-Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family
-Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research
-Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
-Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
-. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back

We can do this.. not listen, no debate, just bullheaded narrow vision...kind of like the Republicans that are invisble to you and hold no responsibility in your quest to knock Democrats...pretty ridiculous
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Nancyinthesky
Junior Boarder

#14133 3 years, 6 months ago
You're welcome to put whatever stickers (political or otherwise) on YOUR equipment, but telling Phil or anyone else what they should put on theirs is lame.

Jerry wouldn't approve.
(I kid!)
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14137 3 years, 6 months ago
yeah, put a "black bush" sticker on your shaker and see how that works out
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#14149 3 years, 6 months ago
>>Dude, you must be a hoot on a road trip, just a load of fun. "Oh, and another thing about evil Oabama...blah, blah, blah"

My road trips are for the purpose of playing music. I don't even read the papers, watch TV or listen to the radio when I'm in "music mode." It's a whole different mind-set.

- Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
-Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
-Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information
-Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family
-Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research
-Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
-Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
-. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back

All that are great things, if actually enforced. That is what I mean by Vaseline, they give a little bit to make it hurt less. As for the last, far as I know corporations that out-source still get tax breaks from creative bookkeeping.

Now answer my points.

>>yeah, put a "black bush" sticker on your shaker and see how that works out

I don't put stickers on my instruments.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14158 3 years, 6 months ago
We have some make up work to do and then can get back into rhythm

You never answered my points about the Republican part of this mess...like 95% in my view
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#14164 3 years, 6 months ago
Both parties hold responsibility for the mess we are in. They control the system and they are both controlled by corporate money. They, with the collusion of corporate media, effectively lock out other parties and candidates from the equation.

I am a believer in instant run-off voting, where you get to vote for more than one candidate in order of preference. If no candidate gets a majority the votes of the lowest vote getter are redistributed to the second choices of those voters and so on until one candidate does have a majority of votes. That would give other parties and candidates more of an effect and voters more of a choice as they could vote for who they believe in and pick the lesser of evils second or third.

For the most part, the Dems would be third or fourth in my choices. I am a member and supporter of the Green Party. In 2008 Obama would have been my 3rd choice. McCain/Plain wouldn't have been chosen at all. I was proud of America for electing Obama, as he is a somewhat Black man. I had hope that he would enact some of the things he campaigned on and the administration policies that he promised, the things that would have made him 3rd in my choices. But, he too is controlled by the corporate masters,.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#14169 3 years, 6 months ago
Thats the biggest problem with our system of government currently. All these corporations use Congressmen, via campaign contributions, as their litlte puppets to get things done there way. That is the BIGGEST problem with Obamacare -- the insurance companies are still aprt of the loop.
SmilinBill
Junior Boarder

#14180 3 years, 6 months ago
Thats my biggest issue with iBama period. Monsanto running the food supply and AG? GE? Not a hell of a lot of change or transparency, although it beats McSenile/Moron into a cocked hat.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14182 3 years, 6 months ago
"they are both controlled by corporate money"

Not to the same extent...they are Grand Canyons apart in their slavery to the billionaires. Notice who keeps giving them tax breaks? Reagan, Bush. Obama will restore the table.

Can you name one example of a Democrat being blatantly purchased and used for service like the Kochs used Walker?
They paid for his campaign. Then he gave corporations a tax break, right away. They paid tens of millions for advertising to support the union busting they wanted in the 1st place. There is a no-bid clause for contracts in that bill so he can repay them. A sweetheart deal.

When have the Dems slept with sleazy billionaires this blatantly, done their bidding this way?
The Koches (who support 100% Repub candidates) are behind this deregulation craze, them and their thug billionaire buds and conservative politicians who are rewarded in millions (Palin). Do you see Dems who leaving office mid-term being jetted around the country making millions in speaking engagements to attack the opposition?

Yes, Greenpeace, etc. gives the Dems $ and they support their cause, for example... but this is corporate puppet mastering right in front of your face while you are screaming for Obama's head.

This blatant class warfare is going on, is hurting middle class in an all out effort to take away workers rights and smash the public sector and you are angry at the Dems? gimme a break
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#14184 3 years, 6 months ago
Seems to me that the whole system is fucked...two parts of one strong arm!!
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#14186 3 years, 6 months ago
What's fucked is someone telling someone else what their politics should be.

As Wavy Gravy once said... "Taking a shit is a political act."
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14191 3 years, 6 months ago
"What's fucked is someone telling someone else what their politics should be."

Can you pinpoint the difference between this and stating your preference? A sticker doesn't seem as manipulative as some make it out to be. It's just a sticker stating a belief someone has.
Time to create page: 2.28 seconds