• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please dont REMOVE the OBAMA sticker

#13892 3 years, 6 months ago
Noticed the Republicans trying to block Obama's every move?
It's a wonder he can walk down the hall to pee w/o these sore losers trying to trip him.

To those who have been opposing the Democrats, thanks for Bush, you really got that one right. That was evil, 8 years of lies and corruption...how soon we forget.

Between the Tea Party crazies, the inherited war and economic mess, the union busting scam going on, the mentioned human wall and all those who only want to bash him, I think he's doing a great job... and in his 2nd term he will not have to negotiate with the loony Repubs as much, we'll see him push stronger for the rights of the average American, small business, the environment, having the corporations pay up.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
The following user(s) said Thank You: mountainjam28
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13894 3 years, 6 months ago
So explain putting Monsanto in charge of our food - that was his decision alone as was Geitner, Hillary, etc.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13898 3 years, 6 months ago
Sorry, the GD have always been political..,very political.
They've probably played more shows for political causes than any major band...by far..did you miss this?

The Black Panthers
For Vietnam Vets
Against Nuclear Arms
Pro-Environment, against environmental cancer
Pro Rainforest Defense
Pro Gore
Pro Boxer
Pro Obama

and many, many more

Phil knows damn well what he's doing, he isn't caught up in anything. I bet he sees that Obama could do better if they would not oppose every damn thing he does. He's made a couple of mistakes but overall done a darn good job considering the situation.

I admire people like Phil, Steve Earl, Pete Seegar, The Dixie Chicks and others who continue the Guthrie tradition of political protest and taking a stance through song-art and deeds. The SF Mime Troupe does the same. Long live the right to speak your mind about the true evil.. the puppet masters who would like to abolish everything public, preying on Tea Party anger to do their bidding.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13901 3 years, 6 months ago
"So explain putting Monsanto in charge of our food - that was his decision alone as was Geitner, Hillary, etc."
Have you ever posted one word about Obama's accomplishments or the mentioned Republican blockade, smear attempts. Do you recognize what he's up against at all?

Again, thanks for Bush.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13904 3 years, 6 months ago
Don't thank me for Bush. My problem with Obama is he is WAY to far to the right for me.

And Monsanto was his decision alone. What happened to the Public Option which would have made the health care reform something other than a windfall for the insurance companies? He had control of both the House and Senate back then. What happened to open government? No secret negotiations? Bills posted for a few days for public review and comment before he signs? All shit that he reneged on with no pressure from Republicans.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13920 3 years, 6 months ago
"All shit that he reneged on with no pressure from Republicans."
do you think for a sec that all pressures are reported, that you know the whole picture? cmon

The Repubs have drifted very far to the right the last decade. They make Reagan look liberal. To have any common ground with them means to go farther in that direction than previously for liberals. Do you really believe that Obama, in his heart wants to stray that far to the right? I don't and I think we will see that 2nd term. He's playing the hand he's got while people are screaming he should do something that just isn't possible.

If you want to be angry about political actions without debate, consensus why don't you take a day off Obama's back and write a little something about the power grab these newly elected Repubs are trying to shove down the throats of everyone w/o any regard to the other side or their own voters? How anyone can take shots at Obama right now with this blatant power grab taking place is beyond me...looks like you are falling for their smokescreen, honestly.
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#13921 3 years, 6 months ago
I asked him to remove it when it first appeared at the Penn state Dead show.....
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13924 3 years, 6 months ago
You guys remind me of the dude in the Dead movie who is yelling at Jerry, calling him a sellout because the GD didn't play enough free shows for him...similar results, too
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13931 3 years, 6 months ago
Again, I did not vote for Obie. He is way to far right for m!
UnlimitedDevotee
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please REMOVE the OBAMA sticker from

#13935 3 years, 6 months ago
lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, Im done with mine.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by UnlimitedDevotee.
UnlimitedDevotee
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please REMOVE the OBAMA sticker from

#13936 3 years, 6 months ago
[quote="Jack_Straw" post=13890][quote="onthebusin03" post=13779]More demands... awesome.

But today as I wrote a 5 figured check to the U.S. Treasury and paid 4.15 at the pump I had a moment of clarity
----
Because we all know its the president that sets gas prices and personally sends you your tax bill.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, Im done with mine.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by UnlimitedDevotee.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13939 3 years, 6 months ago
"Again, I did not vote for Obie. He is way to far right for m!"

Dude if you are going to take a stubborn anti-O stance while ignoring his accomplishments at least respond to a point or two instead of repeating the obvious. One liners are the territory of the right.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds