• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please REMOVE the OBAMA sticker from

#14657 3 years, 6 months ago
A PACIFIST ON THE RAMPAGE

Watts: Yes, but it isn't so until sanctified. That is to say, I have found in practice that nothing is more violent than peace movements. You know, when you get a pacifist on the rampage, nobody can be more emotionally bound and intolerant and full of hatred.

And I think this is the thing that many of us understand in common, that we are trying to take moral violence out of all those efforts that are being made to bring human beings into a harmonious relationship. Ginsberg: Now, how much of that did the peace movement people in Berkeley realize? Watts: I don't think they realize it at all. I think they're still working on the basis of moral violence, just as Gandhi was. Ginsberg: Yeah...I went last night and turned on with Mario Savio. Two nights ago...After I finished and I was talking with him, and he doesn't turn on very much...This was maybe the third or fourth time.

But he was describing his efforts in terms of the motive power for large mass movements. He felt on of the things that move large crowds was righteousness, moral outrage, and ANGER...Righteous anger. "
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by sjfgreenman.
pogue mahone
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please REMOVE the OBAMA sticker from

#14694 3 years, 6 months ago
Is that an RP-250 effects pedal over Phil's right shoulder? I got rid of mine, way too techno sounding for my ears . . . I wonder what he uses it for . . .
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by pogue mahone.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds