• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Darxtar
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please dont REMOVE the OBAMA sticker

#13978 3 years, 6 months ago
How would Furthur not exist if The Dead hadn't gotten together for the Obama gig?

Makes no sense at all.

If President Obama does not ask them to do a benefit in San Francisco during the primary's, they would not have done a benefit for President Obama during the presidential elections in PA. If those two events had not occurred then they would not have toured. In fact if the benefits had not gone well then the Dead tour would not have toured. Which led to Phil and Bobby forming Furthur.

A lot of thinks had to happen. I am glad Obama made the call. That is why I made the comment that stickers should be everywhere. Just a joke, sort of. All this is pretty well documented in Rolling Stone and Relix. By the way Rolling Stone does a pretty good job of mixing music and politics.
You aint gonna learn what you don't want to know.
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#13981 3 years, 6 months ago
Darxtar wrote:
How would Furthur not exist if The Dead hadn't gotten together for the Obama gig?

Makes no sense at all.

If President Obama does not ask them to do a benefit in San Francisco during the primary's, they would not have done a benefit for President Obama during the presidential elections in PA. If those two events had not occurred then they would not have toured. In fact if the benefits had not gone well then the Dead tour would not have toured. Which led to Phil and Bobby forming Furthur.

A lot of thinks had to happen. I am glad Obama made the call. That is why I made the comment that stickers should be everywhere. Just a joke, sort of. All this is pretty well documented in Rolling Stone and Relix. By the way Rolling Stone does a pretty good job of mixing music and politics.

First, Obama didn't ask them to play for him. Phil's son was campaigning for Obama and he asked them to play the gig.

Secondly, it was a different band that played those shows.

Furthur has never played an Obama benefit.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13983 3 years, 6 months ago
"Secondly, it was a different band that played those shows"
I think the point was that The Dead playing for Obama then led to the formation of Furthur.
I'm trying to remember the show at the Warfield where Phil and Bobby played as a duet for a set...anyone know the show?
That was also a start for Furthurness.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Lynx
Visitor

#13984 3 years, 6 months ago
I think furthur should hand out free Obama stickers at each show, ones with extra strength gorilla glue on the back, just so I can stick them over the mouths of people who seem intent upon yapping the whole show long.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by .
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#13986 3 years, 6 months ago
Like those pics from 2009 and 2010... I have to say that Furthur appears to have made Phil and Bobby look younger by at least 5 years already! Nice.
Darxtar
Junior Boarder

#13989 3 years, 6 months ago
It stated with the benefits for Obama. If he does not win the primary than Hillary is the nominee and the PA show does not happen. The Dead supported Obama on two occasions. A little bit political.

Read the Bob Weir interview in the current issue of Relix magazine. He makes it pretty clear how this (Furthur) all came about.
You aint gonna learn what you don't want to know.
SPAC84
Junior Boarder

#14057 3 years, 6 months ago
Brooklyn Jimmy wrote:
I'm offended that Chimenti has a Steal Your Face sticker on his B3. That's a band I will never see.
TAKE OFF THE STICKER YA HIPPIE!

That's the same B3 that Brent played.
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#14058 3 years, 6 months ago
>>>>>>The Dead supported Obama on two occasions.

yep and Furthur has zero times
Rambleonrabi
Junior Boarder
"let me love you without ending"

#14063 3 years, 6 months ago
But Furthur formed in '09 Obama was'nt campaigning then..so no Furthur has'nt YET... played a show for him.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#14095 3 years, 6 months ago
GO OBAMA! I can't WAIT to vote for him again in 2012!!!!

I think hes done more to help this country than most presidents. He's had a hard hand to deal with, and I think he's dealt with it as best he could. Its hard to get much done with the republicans are obstructing everything in Congress based purely on idealogy.

Don't blame Obama. Blame Bush. Blame the GOP. They're the ones that fucked this up for everyone. Obamas just trying to find the way to pick up the pieces and get em back together again. Wouldn't be an easy job for anyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mountainjam28
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds